Can a younger kid get into the older kids clubs?

On Vacation Forever

Our 10 year old doesn't want to club it with the diaper bunch and want to hang with the 12 to 14 years olds in their club instead.

Can this be arranged??

It'll be a deal maker or breaker for our next Carnival Cruise.

Thanks

I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression from the Carnival website and what I have read here that Camp Carnival, although it is for ages 2 to 11, that the kids are put into "age appropriate" categories. I don't see the 2 year olds hanging out with and doing the same things as the 11 year olds.

I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression from the Carnival website and what I have read here that Camp Carnival, although it is for ages 2 to 11, that the kids are put into "age appropriate" categories. I don't see the 2 year olds hanging out with and doing the same things as the 11 year olds.

Exactly Correct.

Yes, in fact, we do things as a family. Straight A student, outstanding kid.

It's a vacation for us all,, I love my kids and listen and take their feelings and past experiences into family decisions.

He's been advanced to a 6th grade class at school.

All the kids (27 of them) sent classroom letters this week telling him how glad they are he's been moved up, he's always fun to be with and play with.

I'll be more than happy to scan the letters and send them to you if you PM me with an address.

Read it and weep fleshy headed genius's:

And sorry to the rest of you expert child and family psychologists, but read the Elations Rules and regs.

It clearly states he'll be dumped in,, again as in our past experiences,, with the stinky diaper bunch:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_elation/default.aspx?shipCode=EL

Disney Cruises is streets ahead of this issue and has a club for 8 to 12 year olds.

Carnival does not.

Was it really necessary to sink to the level of some of the other posters on this board!! Name calling of all things...........

You obviously only read the headlines and didn't read the additional info, camp carnival is divided into age groups:

CAMP CARNIVALsm | 2-11 YEAR-OLDS

title_spacer.gif

[/url]About Camp Carnival Toddlers (2-5) Juniors (6-8) Intermediates (9-11)

No matter how they divide age groups, the division is arbitrary and there is a tendency for kids (and sometimes their parents) to want to move their kids "up" to the next category -- particularly if they are at the top of the age group.

I suppose that is fairly natural and consistent with our society that favors and encourages "advancement".

I do have some sympathy when groups travel with kids in the same grade, but are divided because their birthdays fall at different times of year. For example, if two seventh graders are on a cruise this week and one had a birthday in August and the other has a birthday in October, then they will be placed in separate groups. I think Carnival could solve this by using "year of birth" groups rather than age groups (e.g., insted of a group of 9-11 year olds, it could be a group of kids born between 1998 and 2000).

All that said, when we were on the Conquest in March, our kids were 11 and 14 -- both at the top end of their group. While initially they expressed some reservations about joining groups of kids that were almost entirely younger than them, we encouraged them to try it. They did and they had a good time. There were plenty of things for them to do and when there were activities that didn't appeal to them, they just signed themselves out. I'm glad we didn't make any attempt to have them "moved up".

It's a vacation for us all,, I love my kids and listen and take their feelings and past experiences into family decisions.

All the kids (27 of them) sent classroom letters this week telling him how glad they are he's been moved up, he's always fun to be with and play with.

I'll be more than happy to scan the letters and send them to you if you PM me with an address.

And sorry to the rest of you expert child and family psychologists, but read the Elations Rules and regs.

It clearly states he'll be dumped in,, again as in our past experiences,, with the stinky diaper bunch:

Disney Cruises is streets ahead of this issue and has a club for 8 to 12 year olds.

Carnival does not.

I think that you are miss interpreting what that says. The Camp Carnival is DIFFERENT age groups for kids up thru 11, then they graduate to Circle C which is for the kids (again separated into age groups) from 12 thru 17.

All that said, when we were on the Conquest in March, our kids were 11 and 14 -- both at the top end of their group. While initially they expressed some reservations about joining groups of kids that were almost entirely younger than them, we encouraged them to try it. They did and they had a good time. There were plenty of things for them to do and when there were activities that didn't appeal to them, they just signed themselves out. I'm glad we didn't make any attempt to have them "moved up".

Happened to my kids too and they had a great time.........there are usually enough kids within each age group that they will find a few to really connect with. Our first cruise was a little "off season" and they did, in fact, lump the 2 through 11 year olds in the "welcome aboard" party. :eek: We attended as a family, made the best of it and my son found another boy his age to hang out with the entire cruise. They did a lot of the activities in the 9-11 year old group; he would even bring his "schedule" with him to dinner in case he had to make a quick exit after dessert because of a camp carnival activity.:)

Exactly Correct.

Was it really necessary to sink to the level of some of the other posters on this board!! Name calling of all things...........

You obviously only read the headlines and didn't read the additional info, camp carnival is divided into age groups:

CAMP CARNIVALsm | 2-11 YEAR-OLDS

title_spacer.gif

[/url]About Camp Carnival Toddlers (2-5) Juniors (6-8) Intermediates (9-11)

Exactly incorrect.

Our last carnival cruise they lumped them all together Ms Expert.

They didn't put the kids in groups at all.

Al the kids were stuffed into one room,, period.

Carnival does not.

Ignoring the fact that you were incredibly rude, you are also wrong.

Camp Carnival is split into ages and my son was in the 9-11 year old group which did nothing (or almost nearly nothing) with the younger kids.

Also, you were incredibly rude to several people who were very nice to you. Myself included.

Exactly incorrect.

My experience with Carnival's kid's club was on the Elation. We had 5 kids from 10 - 16. The kids were all divided into the age groups shown. The 10 year old was NOT with little kids.

Exactly incorrect.

Has it occurred to you people are being rude to you because you are being so incredibly rude to others?

Apparently in the past you have had an issue, but our experience during Spring Break was not the case. If you are traveling during the school year (whole nother debate!) then possibly that is the case.

You asked the question, we gave you answers. You berated and insulted us.

Exactly incorrect.

Seriously?? Come on...how many kids were there? :rolleyes:

In All the cruises I have been on, when they parade the little "Pirates" and "Funships" thru the ship NEVER once have I seen the cute little ones flanked by begrudging 10yos.

Never.

And Thank you for thinking I am an 'Expert', how very kind, I am not, however, I am Simply Informed.

Well, no matter what happened "last time" your ten yr old son will not be allowed to go to the 12-14 age group no matter how outstanding he is.

So, instead of arguing here, you should be looking for your next cruise somewhere other than Carnival.

Ignoring the fact that you were incredibly rude, you are also wrong.

Camp Carnival is split into ages and my son was in the 9-11 year old group which did nothing (or almost nearly nothing) with the younger kids.

Also, you were incredibly rude to several people who were very nice to you. Myself included.

SociallyAwkard, your screen name does not suit you....you are certinally no SociallyAkward ;) to the contrary, you are doing very well at "Ignoring the fact that (the OP) is being incredibly rude" I applaude you. :)

(I however am having a hard time ignoring that little fact--Im trying, really I am) ;)

SociallyAwkard, your screen name does not suit you....you are certinally no SociallyAkward ;) to the contrary, you are doing very well at "Ignoring the fact that (the OP) is being incredibly rude" I applaude you. :)

(I however am having a hard time ignoring that little fact--Im trying, really I am) ;)

You're doing just fine. I should know, I'm also an Expert! :D

I don't think they will allow your child to move up.

Also, the 27 letters aren't proof of anything. Those are the kinds of assignments that teachers dole out and kids comply with.

If you want your child with an 8-12 grouping, you should cruise Disney as they can accommodate your (son's) needs.

Archived