Southern Caribbean - Caribbean Princess - AOS

lovevacadays

I want to book a Southern Caribbean cruise in 2010. Has anyone sailed both the Caribbean Princess and the Adventure of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)? Interested in your thoughts and comments. I haven't cruised RCCL since the 90's so haven't been on any of their new ships. I have cruised the Sapphire and Diamond Princess most recently and will be on the Crown in November.

I sailed AOS in Feb of '06. I loved it! It is a huge ship with great entertainment and lots to do. The cabin was great (aft mini-suite) and the beds were comfortable. The food was the best that I have had on RCCL, not great, but pretty good. The staff was wonderful. I will be sailing CB in November. I haven't sailed Princess in almost 7 years. I can't compare the ships until I go. I can tell you that I priced out a cruise on AOS for the same week that we will be on CB and it was MUCH cheaper to go with Princess. I don't know why. I got such a great deal, I booked the Princess CB cruise. Hope this helps. I can let you know more in about 2 months.:)

hi. I've sailed both ships to the carribean. I was on Adventure of the Seas when it was about 4 years old. It was a really nice ship, good food, had a JS category room which was a very nice size. Overall great cruise. Last year my cousins went back on that ship (they were with us the first time) and they said it wasn't as good as the first time. Ship looked a little worn and food was just ok

I was on the Carribean Princess 2 years ago in a minisuite. I must say that I loved the ship. The room was a very nice size, food was really good, loved movies under the stars. I personally like princess over royal carribean. While it doesn't seem to have as much going on as royal carribean does, I think it is a step above. When we went with our children there is no doubt that royal carribean has much more for them to do. They loved it and in turn we loved it because they had such a good time. But when my husband and I travel alone I am not looking for a

party atmosphere but a more classy one. That's where I feel Princess delivers. As a matter of fact, just booked Carribean Princess for 2011 in a Grand Suite. Can't wait. You'll have fun whichever you choose. Good luck

I forget to mention this when I responded to you on the Royal boards, thought about it when I read the replies here.....

You will definitely find that the AOS is more expensive, most Royal's voyager class ships in the Caribbean are always priced higher.

The standard balcony rooms on Royal have the same cabin space as the mini-suites on Princess, there is no sofa in the standard balcony rooms on Princess, just a chair.

I sailed both AOS and the Crown Princess out of San Juan on different itineraries.

I liked the Crown better - food, MUTS, pools - but the AOS was very nice also - dining room, ice rink, promenade.

I loved leaving from San Juan, stayed in old San Juan precruise, it was a lot of fun

You can not go wrong with either in my opinion, but I favored the Crown

Archived