Tours in Halifax

tootsie7

Could be a gamble. We didn't stop at St John's on 9-27 because the port was closed.

Gale winds and very rough seas. Those that booked with the cruise line weren't charged. Maybe travel insurance would cover the cost of other bookings. I was lucky and booked a tour with Halifax Taxi Tours right at the pier when our ship docked a day earlier in Halifax

• 2 weeks later...

Based upon very positive and favorable reviews for Jonathan of Yourcab Tours on the Cruise Critic boards, I helped organize a Halifax tour which consisted of 13 members from the October 10, 2009 Caribbean Princess Roll Call. We all had a wonderful time with Jonathan, and enjoyed his great sense of humor, and knowledge of the Halifax and Peggy's Cove area.

Prior to the cruise, Jonathan was always prompt in replying to my emails and inquiries. He provided a 15 passenger van for our group of 13 passengers. Tour cost was $54 per person which is far cheaper than the cost of tours offered by the cruise line. Jonathan, professionally well dressed in a blazer, met our group just as we exited the ship with my name printed on a board. Jonathan also made available complimentary bottles of water for anyone who needed. Our stops included The Public Park, sights of Halifax, Titanic Cemetery, Peggy's Cove, and a stop at a maple syrup bottling company with a talk about maple syrup by the company's president. Free maple coffee and various samples were available. Also, not far from Peggy's Cove, we stopped for a seafood chowder lunch at a scenic location along the water.

All in all, Jonathan lived up to his reputation, and provided our Cruise Critic Roll Call group with a fun and informative experience in Halifax and Peggy’s Cove. Within our group, I often overheard others stating how much they were enjoying Jonathan’s tour, which was a relief to me being the one who participated with organizing this tour. Therefore, based upon our personal experience, I strongly recommend Jonathan for a tour of Halifax and Peggy's Cove

Archived