Tights with Open Toe Shoes?!

TerriSea

I totally get where you two are coming from. The tights with strappy fall shoes are featured all over my Nordstrom catalog that I just got. I "think" I like it fine in the catalog, but I wonder if I'll get weird stares everywhere if I try it here (I'm in the mid-South). The positive thing, however, is that I have a pair of those peep-toe booties and last time I wore them, my toes were FREEZING! I'd love the leeway to wear them with a pair of black tights. It also would be nice to have shoes that transition from fall into winter with some skin showing in fall, and then in winter, just put tights on. I can't wear boots that much in winter-- my feet get too hot. It just doesn't get that cold here.

Would love to know what people are doing in various regions. I'm sure the New Yorkers will fully embrace the trend, but my thoughts are that it will be at least another season before it's 'done' around here. Last year I was all about faux fur gilets and no one was doing them--felt awkward. Now I bet I'll see quite a few.

People get used to almost anything! I thought and still think that the bare legged look in winter is stupid - but it became popular. We used to wear hose (nonreinforced toe) with sandals and no one said or thought anything about it until it became a no no. My friends used to wear hose with shorts to cover their mature legs.

As I read the other day, it is amazing how one gets used to the most ugly look. When one wears short skirts - long skirts look dowdy. When one is wearing long skirts - short skirts look slutty.

Never say Never!

The positive thing, however, is that I have a pair of those peep-toe booties and last time I wore them, my toes were FREEZING! I'd love the leeway to wear them with a pair of black tights. It also would be nice to have shoes that transition from fall into winter with some skin showing in fall, and then in winter, just put tights on. I can't wear boots that much in winter-- my feet get too hot. It just doesn't get that cold here.

See I think that would be totally cute- dark tights with peep-toe booties.

Because the shoe is mostly enclosed, the little peep toe won't draw too much attention that it may look ridiculous. Hope the trend works for you and you get to wear your booties in chilly weather.

Now if you were going to wear sheer tights with peep-toe shoes, that's another story. That's like trying to hide something that you just can't hide. :p

If they are peep toes, it might work, but I really don't like tights with anything. Just my likes. I never wore them when they were in style before, I'm sure I won't get used to them now. They look fine on teeny boppers but anyone older than that, NO. IMO

I don't get the peep-toe boot. I don't care for the look of it either. Are you supposed to wear boots with nothing on your feet? I can't imagine that, so I guess tights is the way to go, perhaps in a color that would stand out from the boot. That might make it interesting.

Talking fashion, though, guess what's back (and I've been waiting for it!!!) - the jumpsuit! I bought one at Marshall's for my cruise in 4 weeks. It's an evening one, black one-shouldered with a gold embellishment on the covered shoulder, shirring through the middle, and flowing pant that skims the legs and butt nicely, then gets wide at the bottom. I love it! Just brought it in for alteration today. The girls at the cleaners all commented on it when I tried it on. Between the late '70's and early '80's, I had jumpsuits. Always loved them. I did a search online at upscale department stores. They're all showing them, but high-end designer names that are about $300 and up, which personally I think is crazy. I paid $40.

That peep toe boot is fine as long as you don't live somewhere that you need boots in the winter. Cute for a fashion statement, useless as a boot.

On tights with open toes. Maybe with that boot. But I don't care for the look with a peep toe shoe and I dislike it even more with sandals.

Kelly

I don't get the peep-toe boot. I don't care for the look of it either. Are you supposed to wear boots with nothing on your feet? I can't imagine that, so I guess tights is the way to go, perhaps in a color that would stand out from the boot. That might make it interesting.

Talking fashion, though, guess what's back (and I've been waiting for it!!!) - the jumpsuit! I bought one at Marshall's for my cruise in 4 weeks. It's an evening one, black one-shouldered with a gold embellishment on the covered shoulder, shirring through the middle, and flowing pant that skims the legs and butt nicely, then gets wide at the bottom. I love it! Just brought it in for alteration today. The girls at the cleaners all commented on it when I tried it on. Between the late '70's and early '80's, I had jumpsuits. Always loved them. I did a search online at upscale department stores. They're all showing them, but high-end designer names that are about $300 and up, which personally I think is crazy. I paid $40.

I think this look can't be pulled off by everyone - but WOW if you can wear it. You will turn heads! Maybe even more alluring (dare I say sexy) than a dress! Us gals with short legs can only wish......

When one wears short skirts - long skirts look dowdy. When one is wearing long skirts - short skirts look slutty.

Never say Never!

Ain't that true! I used to lament that women did not tuck in tops and blouses anymore, but now I hardly do, too. I thought it looked slightly unkempt and careless, but now having the top or blouse skim over the waist looks better (usually), even when the blouse peeks out below a vest or blazer. Maybe in a few years I will do a 180 again!!

I think this look can't be pulled off by everyone - but WOW if you can wear it. You will turn heads! Maybe even more alluring (dare I say sexy) than a dress! Us gals with short legs can only wish......

I also think the jumpsuit can be quite sexy. It's different (even though it's not new), and it's fun. I enjoy wearing things like this while I still can! But, yes, you need to be at least average height and slim to wear it well.

I hate to see the return of jumpsuits. Too many women don't look at their rear view after they put them on. I've seen way too many unflattering um--vistas over the years.

I've noted the look of tights with peep toes or strappy sandals, but I've never seen anyone go for that look here in my part of California. I do think tights are fine on older women as long as they go for simple, dark neutral colors. They allow a woman with nice shaped legs to wear a shorter skirt without having to show the scars and discolorations of age.

Ok, perhaps I am the "odd girl out", but I like the look....

LOL, I had to do a few googles to find what you all were talking about but I like the peep shoes and tights... I live in New England where snow is a way of life, so when it snows you wear boots with no little holes in them, but there are many days where you dont need to tread through the snow, and I can see myself in a little peeps and tights.... I love the pencil skirt and tights look, as long as you can find undergarments to wear so you dont have the clingly thing going on...

Each to his/her own I guess... but yes I will be doing it! One of the very few reasons here one can actually looks forward to winter!!

Archived