Camp Carnival for 2 year olds while on a 1/2 day shore excursion?

computerkitten

So my husband is interested in going on a 1/2 day tour in St. Martin without our 2 year old twin girls while at port. He thought we could put them in Camp Carnival while we are on this tour. I am not sure I would feel comfortable doing this but would like to know other people's opinion.

Thanks,

Computerkitten

Every family is different and you know your twins better than anyone. I have twins who are 11 now and an older daughter. I wouldn't have left them. We did all inclusives, just recently went on our first cruise. Maybe your husband is looking for some alone time with you, which is important but I wouldnt be able to enjoy such an outing with the kids back at the ship.

It's true your kids won't be able to remember this trip but you will so do what's right for you.

Have fun

Kathy

Well my biggest concern is security and us being at a port and off the boat while they are back on the ship. Just concerned about them being taken off the ship. Crazy as that sounds that is just the concern. I suppose thousands of people do it all the time when they want to go on tours by themselves while leaving their little ones in Camp Carnival.

CK

I spent a lot of time on port days spending time with my kids in the kids club during our Princess Cruises and there were always lots of kids there who's parents were ashore. I would have no problem doing this, but, as previous posters have said, everyone's comfort level is different. I will say, your specific concern will be settled as soon as you see how the kids club on Carnival works. They are militant about NOT letting anyone into the club except the kids and no kid gets out without being picked up by the specific guardian who is supposed to sign them out. It's a very safe place for them to be. I would only do it if it were a ship excursion, not a private one, but otherwise, I'd feel comfortable that my twins were safe on board the ship. You may want to wait for your final decision until you're on the ship and see how you feel.

Best,

Mia

Archived