Majesty of the Seas - newbie!

cckp72

Hi,

My husband and 2 kids (age 3&7) will be going on the Majesty of the Seas 4 day cruise on Oct 12 to the Bahamas. We are very excited! This will be our children’s first cruise and our second, but the first was in Greece 12 years ago – so it doesn’t really count.

I have searched all through the threads about Majesty and attained a wealth of information. We have booked Comfort Inn for our Nassau day thanks to the advice given here.

I do have a couple of questions I hope you will be able to help me with. Does anyone know where I can find current dining room and room service menus? We are looking forward to taking our kids for a nice dinner, at least once, in the main dining room, but I would like to be prepared!

Since there are no “at seas” days on this cruise, I am curious about how the kids clubs would operate. We won’t be leaving the kids while in any of the ports, but we may have them there in the evening.

Any help or any recent reviews would be very helpful! Thank you so much.

Hi,

My husband and 2 kids (age 3&7) will be going on the Majesty of the Seas 4 day cruise on Oct 12 to the Bahamas. We are very excited! This will be our children’s first cruise and our second, but the first was in Greece 12 years ago – so it doesn’t really count.

I have searched all through the threads about Majesty and attained a wealth of information. We have booked Comfort Inn for our Nassau day thanks to the advice given here.

I do have a couple of questions I hope you will be able to help me with. Does anyone know where I can find current dining room and room service menus? We are looking forward to taking our kids for a nice dinner, at least once, in the main dining room, but I would like to be prepared!

Since there are no “at seas” days on this cruise, I am curious about how the kids clubs would operate. We won’t be leaving the kids while in any of the ports, but we may have them there in the evening.

Any help or any recent reviews would be very helpful! Thank you so much.

I highly suggest the "my time dining" option that is available to you. With the kids you can pick your dining room meal time each day. You do have to do pre-paid gratuities with this but I think you'll like it. It worked great back in May on our Majesty cruise. We do not have kids but I could see it beinga benefit if you do.

We saw activities being done w/ kids and everything just as any other RCCL ship. I think they will take them for the evening sometimes. There are some "adult" things and comedian shows that you would probably like to attend.

Speaking to the ship: It is extremely well kept and clean despite it's age. If you can swing it I would book at least a Junior suite so that you and yoru kids will have pleanty of room. Watch for the "guarantee" category to open for them a little closer to cruise time as this will save you tons of money on them.

Enjoy your cruise. Any other questions, ask away.:D

Thank you for the feedback.

Sadly, there were only OV rooms left since the sailing is only about 4 weeks away. I am hoping that it will be ok since it is only 4 nights – we had really wanted a balcony room and a suite is just out of price range right now.

Does anyone have the dinner menus? Thanks!

Archived