Almonds and Corals Lodge

insag

Lots of questions,,

Was it worth it,, did you get to see lots of wildlife?

how many platforms,,, is there anything for parents to do when I zipline,

Looking at Lucky Tours have you ever used them??

Concerned about the price he is telling me only 80.00 for the day,, canal tour and zip lining and acouple of other things and it just seems to cheap to be real

Not sure which port you are going to, I can only post about Puerto Limon. We have always docked there so I can't answer questions about Puntarenas. As posted earlier I can vouch for Oscar Brown and his tours as I have recommended him for years. I have used him, and talked with him numerous times by phone and talked with his sister Carol lots of times. Really genuine hard working people that do care about your time in their country.

We used Almonds and Corals the first time we were in Puerto Limon. This was when Oscar first started his business. A&C is pretty far from Puerto Limon, 1 1/2 hours each way from the port. The roads were not the best so we had to really drive slowly in some areas. The facilities were very good and the equipment was in order. The guides that were with us took very good care of us (thirteen in our van). They took credit cards or cash for payment. The scenery getting there was nice; we passed lots of small resort type buildings. I would use this place again if I was staying in Costa Rica, but I don't think I would if I was on a cruise ship. They are really far from the port, and if I used them again it would be with a ship sponsored tour. My expeirence with them was in 2005 so things could have changed.

There is a zipline that is closer to the port called Las Brisas. Oscar switched to them to maximize what you can see when you are there. I found them really good and equipment well maintained.

If would listen to Oscar's judgement about where to zipline and about time issues if you use him. He does understand how important it is to get back to the ship on time. He has a cell phone that he keeps in touch with others during the day. In the event their was a mechanical problem he would arrange other transportation back to the ship.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Costa Rica is one of my favorite ports of call.

Archived