Jewel Chartered Sailing

Linda/Ohio

Just curious to see if anyone on here knows what happens next. A large travel agency chartered a ship (they do this at least once per year). As a charter they are responsible for filling the sailing and you can NOT reserve this sailing via RCCL or any other agency unless it is connected with them. They tell us that about 30 days from sailing they will release our RCCL numbers, etc. Once they release those--we can get in and do our set sail passes. Any idea what happens if they have not totally sold out? Will RCCL list the cruise on their site in an attempt to sell last cabins? Just very curious--as I almost always book directly via RCCL and it is driving me crazy not being able to see what cabins are available etc. (Maybe I want to move? or upgrade)....

Just curious to see if anyone on here knows what happens next. A large travel agency chartered a ship (they do this at least once per year). As a charter they are responsible for filling the sailing and you can NOT reserve this sailing via RCCL or any other agency unless it is connected with them. They tell us that about 30 days from sailing they will release our RCCL numbers, etc. Once they release those--we can get in and do our set sail passes. Any idea what happens if they have not totally sold out? Will RCCL list the cruise on their site in an attempt to sell last cabins? Just very curious--as I almost always book directly via RCCL and it is driving me crazy not being able to see what cabins are available etc. (Maybe I want to move? or upgrade)....

RCI do not need tho list the cabins to sell any remaining, they have already sold ALL CABINS to the company chartering the ship, they get paid wether the ship sails full or empty

If you are talking about the Boston to Bermuda Cruise, we sailed in 2006 and 2008. In 2006 we booked ahead time and paid for it, since the travel agency discounted the cruise prior to the sailing and we got no refund.

Last year we waited several weeks before the cruise and got a great rate for an oceanview which we ungraded on board to a JS. They had plenty of cabins available for upgrade both times.

Their prices are generally higher than what you would have paid for a similar cruise on the Jewel which was available through RCI or any travel agency. In the past, they have frequently arranged with local radio stations to run contests with the cruise as a prize. I am sure that this is part of a barter arrangement with the stations to cover their advertising of the cruise. Last minute fire sales are also a possibility but this cruise out of Boston is usually very popular and since RCI has already received payment for the entire cruise, it is not likely that any unsold inventory will be returned to them. They must find this charter to be profitable or they would not regularly charter the ship from RCI.:)

Archived