Panamar Canal excursion

friday12

Has any one done the tours on this trip we are going on infinity from FLD on 11 oct, Has any one got advice about Celebrity arrange excurions Verus doing your own thing with Taxis etc at port side, any info would be usefull. There is not much info on the website re the excursions for this cruise

We took a tour of the canal from the ship ( Constellation), which was stopping at Colon and not transversing the canal itself. We took the tour with the ferry which was reached by bus, then traveled through three locks to Panama City. There, we took the bus back to Colon to the ship. It was great. I would highly recommend it; you are right down into the locks for a close up view.

Bill

We took a tour of the canal from the ship ( Constellation), which was stopping at Colon and not transversing the canal itself. We took the tour with the ferry which was reached by bus, then traveled through three locks to Panama City. There, we took the bus back to Colon to the ship. It was great. I would highly recommend it; you are right down into the locks for a close up view.

Bill

I believe on that cruise you are only sailing the canal and there are no excursions there. I know when we did our April cruise it was that way. Check your itenerary if it says (cruising only) there are no excursions.

It is still a wonderful journey :)

Iam also wanting any information possible about the excursions prior to going through the Canal, and After, we have 4 stops in Mexico, and there is no postings about them as yet. we real like to our own thing rather do the ship excursions, but not sure if this is possible in all ports

I believe on that cruise you are only sailing the canal and there are no excursions there. I know when we did our April cruise it was that way. Check your itenerary if it says (cruising only) there are no excursions.

It is still a wonderful journey :)

They post the excursions for the Canal just before the cruise. (A few weeks before).

We are cruising the Panama Canal on Sep. 25/09. They offered 7 things to do during the transit of the Panama Canal. We booked one.

Also, to the person inquiring about tours, go to the Roll Call for your Cruise, and you can start communicating with people on that Roll Call. You can also use Search for each port and find piles of info regarding private tours for the location you are inquiring about. You can hook up with people on your Ship and go on tours as a group, or book to go privately with just the two of you. You can save allot of money doing private tours and they can customize them to your liking.

JC:)

Archived