Has anyone used Shore Trips for tours in Halifax and St. John?

I was checking out Shoretrips.com and they have some tours that look interesting in Halifax and St. John. The one we are interested in for St. John is FUNDY COAST TO THE FUNDY SHORE and in Halifax "Tastes of the Annapolis Valley" (this one looks great).

The issue my husband and I are having is that we are only a party of two and some of most the tour groups I have called need to have at least 4 or more (Freedom Tours is one that we like for St. John, Fundy Coast to Shore). If anyone is interested in a tour in St. John on Oct 17th or in Halifax on Oct 18th, please let me know. I will send my email address.

Thanks.

We were on a Canada/ NE cruise earlier this month and did private tours in both of these ports.

St John- We booked with Freedom Tours. We had agreed that they would meet us at 8am for an 830 start. We were off the ship by 745am and found the representative from Freedom Tours waiting, however the tour guide/driver was not there yet. That was fine as we were a bit early, but we started to get concerned when at 815am the Freedom Tours rep told us he (the guide) was just filling out the paper work at the rental car agency. I was suprised because all of the emails I exchanged with Freedom Tours led me to believe that they had their own vehicles. In any case, after another 5 or 10 minutes the Freedom Tours representative put is in a taxi and paid for us to meet the guide at the rental car agency. When we got there, he was just arriving (in other words, he was definately NOT there at 815am filling out paper work, but instead pulled in at 835am at the rental car agency). We did get a nice van (there were four of us), but again I was suprised when he said that we were early. I double checked the email correspondance I had with Freedom tours, and it definately said an 830am start so I asked him why he thought we were early. He said that he was told we were not starting the tour until 930am! Anyway, needless to say the tour got off to a rocky start. Once the tour actually started, the guide (Mike) was really good. A lot of good information and extra tid-bits. He even brought us rubber boots so that we could cross over a little stream to get some great photos. We beat all of the tour buses to the chosen destinations so it was not crowded. Overall, it was a good tour but the morning was so disorganized that I would not recommend this tour company.

Halifax- We booked with a gentleman named Garry Jollymore. He was AWESOME- showed up ontime, with a sign with our names on it and we were off- a great tour all in all! I would deinfately recommend him and can provide you with his email if you would like. We did a Peggy's Cove and city tour (including Titanic Cemetary) and still had time for a seafood lunch and some shopping, along with an independant walk down the pier to the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

I had booked with Garry Jollymore in April this year but when we arrived in Halifax off the Crown Princess (Oct 3rd sailing), he had sent someone else in his place without firstly letting us know. Originally I was a bit miffed; however Dave Marriott was a wonderful guide. A history buff and very knowledgeable. We had a great tour with Dave.

Archived