shipboard booze

I understand you can purchase booze in the duty free shop and then pay $9.50 feee and bring it to the cabin for consumption. This is pretty cool. Can anyone tell me if the Jewel of the Seas sells Absolut Vanilla and Rasberry vodka? They go great with Diet Coke.

Guest cruzr44

I bought the Absolut Mandarin on the Radiance and I'm pretty sure then had Vanilla and Raspberry. I definitely remember seeing those flavors in Smirnoff.

In the duty free shop you pay pay a $9.50 fee. Is that per bottle or for a "ALL" the bottles you buy at one time. I'm assuming it is for what ever you buy at one time.

Anni on the Wye in Md.

I bought Absolut Mandarin on the Jewel last summer.The policy seems to change from ship to ship.October '03 on the Vision,we paid one 9.50 fee for 4 bottles.Later in the cruise they were charging 9.50 each bottle.

Then on the Marner in April '04 it was 9.50 per bottle right from the first day.

Then my favorite was when we were on the Jewel this past August.You could buy as much as you wanted to take back to the cabin with no fee at all.Have no idea why or who decides but it is anyones guess as to what theduty free store will do.

Archived