Help with priceline

loveshack

I have never used priceline or hotwire. My DH always has points for our hotels when we travel......however, this time we are sailing out of Miami and I would REALLY like to get a hotel by the POM. I REALLY want to get a hotel where I can see the port from the window. I've seen on this board where many people get great deals through priceline and/or hotwire, but I've never used it and I'm scared. LOL - Can someone please help me with the process so I can get what I want for a little cheaper?

THANKS!!

Always use Priceline. First research what hotels are by the POM. Then look at the grid on Priceline. Look for hotels star level that you want. POM you will probably have to bid 4 star. Go to name your own price and put in half of the Priceline's Grid Rate. Put in area you want and star level. Good luck. In 2004 when we sailed out of POM we had a hotel that look right out to the Port. Had a corner room with floor to ceiling windows. IT WAS FANTASTIC. Remember though do a ton or research b/4 you bid because once you bid and they accept your credit card is charged. Have done Priceline many times and only once was it not what I wanted but I looked at the wrong zone. Good Luck.

Well if you really want to see the port from your hotel, and see it all, including the channel so you can watch the ships come and go there's only one with a spectacular unobstructed view of the whole thing. That would be the Biscayne Bay Marriott's SE view room on higher floors... http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miabb-miami-marriott-biscayne-bay/

I don't recall that coming up on Priceline though. Other hotels will give you partial views from some rooms, but nothing that comes close to the spectacular view from the SE rooms at the Biscayne Bay Marriott.

I'll be cruising out of Miami on 2 Oct. Will arrive in Miami that Thursday and a few months back I got the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel And Marina for a bid of $60 on Priceline! With taxes and all it came out to $75.64. Just wondering how did you get the bayview upgrade? Would I have to call them to get that? Pricelines a good way to go though....just do some research before you submit the bid! Good luck!

I actually usually start with Hotwire. It gives you a clearer idea of where the hotel is and shows you the rates. If I don't find anything I like there, then I go to Priceline and bid. I just find Priceline a little more "iffy" though I have gotten some good deals there.

Not sure if I can post the name but some of the online agencies that sell hotels last minute have the Intercontinental for $84 for Novermber. I got it was November 8 and I see it for November 6. It is a hidden hotel like priceline but when you look at the banquet space it is the very same as what the IC shows on their web site.

Archived