Connecting OV Balcony or Mini Suite Dawn

scrappermcl

I'm sure this has been discussed out there before, but I couldn't find what I was looking for....

I am sailing on the Dawn this coming April and was originally considering a Mini Suite for my family of 4 (me, DH, DD11, DS5). I am now thinkin about 2 connecting balcony cabins instead.

Which do you think is better for us? :confused:

Thanks for any help :)

I'm sure this has been discussed out there before, but I couldn't find what I was looking for....

I am sailing on the Dawn this coming April and was originally considering a Mini Suite for my family of 4 (me, DH, DD11, DS5). I am now thinkin about 2 connecting balcony cabins instead.

Which do you think is better for us? :confused:

Thanks for any help :)

Mini suite for four people will be crowded and does your son and daughter want to sleep in the same pull out couch? I would book the adjoining balcony cabins it would be easier all around.

I had the same dilemma. My boys are 9 & 11 yrs old. We are sailing on the Epic next summer and the thought of having two connecting rooms sounded divine. Two bathrooms' date=' two tvs, connecting balconies...I think I made the right choice!

-Roberta[/quote']

A door that closes sounds nice too, but we're going to 'tough it out' in a mini-suite with our two kids DS9 and DD11 on the star in mid Oct. We originally booked an OV, so it will be nice regardless. Still hoping for an upgrade at a decent price to a real suite though. The AB with the kids room sounds nice. Two balconies sounds perfect too.

Just remember that the mini suite is just a deluxe balcony and not a real suite.

If I read it right, you have a son and a daughter. Just realize the little pullout couch will be cozy for them. You may also want consider a balcony with an inside across the hall if you are comfortable with that.

The AB of course would be the ideal cabin, but $$ usually prevent that.

Just remember that the mini suite is just a deluxe balcony and not a real suite.

If I read it right, you have a son and a daughter. Just realize the little pullout couch will be cozy for them. You may also want consider a balcony with an inside across the hall if you are comfortable with that.

The AB of course would be the ideal cabin, but $$ usually prevent that.

We did fine in a mini suite with four (DS 11 and DD 12 at the time). Definitely more space than trying to squeeze four in a balcony room. Our room steward made up the pull out couch as two separate beds that seemed to work well. However, if you can swing it cost-wise, then adjoining balcony cabins would be a great solution. Two bathrooms, a definite plus.

P.

Archived