Whats the Average Age of passagers

loadsofpanache

Hi everyone,

Thinking of booking a cruise to celebrate a 50th birthday but don't want to be the youngist on board or the oldist in the nightclub.

Not wanting to be rude but what is the average age of passangers on board. We've never cruised Hal but we thinking Hal, Celebrity or Princess. Is their a lot of families with young children on board?

Whats the evening entertainment like, my hubby is a night owl and rarely goes to bed before 2am.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Somewhere, I read the average age on HAL is 57/58. Trouble is, I can't remember where I read it!

At 2AM he'll have the ENTIRE ship to himself, or nearly. MOST HAL ships go to sleep around 9PM, at least on a longer cruise.

With half the ship not starting dinner until 8:30 pm, I seriously doubt that "MOST" HAL ships go to sleep around 9PM. I've been on 21+ day cruises where, while the percentage of more senior passengers has been high, the night club has still been open late. The music may have trended toward an older age-bracket, but it was still a great deal of fun. But, then, I've always believe I was born about 50 years too late for my tastes.

Depends on a lot of things, including length of cruise, itinerary, season, etc. We're among those who raise the average age for every cruise we're on. We'll be celebrating our 63rd anniversary on our cruise next month - actually back-to-back cruises on the Maasdam - so you do the math.

This will make 3 HAL cruises this year, out of about 10 over the recent years. We saved cruising until we got older. Many times we ended up having friends on board who were half out age, with whom we participated in trivia, Dam Dollar activities, and dinners. Can't say "you're only as old as you feel" when you are our ages, but the more you keep going the more you forget about it.

We were 60 when we sailed on the Maasdam (2008). The Crow's Nest was hopping every evening, except the last night. Our 10 days cruise had a good mix of ages, everything from early 20s to 80s. Those who stayed up late and kept things going were generally in their 50s & 60s.

When DH tired of dancing, one of the young dancers from the shows graciously partnered me. He was only 24, but told me I could move better than anybody he'd ever seen. He had trouble keeping up with me! But he made our voyage so memorable 'cause I got to dance every time the DJ cranked up another song.

I agree with all the posts that age depends on your outlook, not the numbers of birthdays celebrated. Give me a lively 70 year-old any day, rather than a stick-in-the-mud 30 something.

Archived