Anyone stayed at the Waikiki Resort ?

n2smilin

aloha! just to clarify, you're talking about 'waikiki resort hotel' on the corner of koa and liliuokalani streets? if that's the one, it's our absolute favorite budget hotel in hawaii. (if money's no object the moana is the ultimate old hawaii experience, but who wants to pay $300 or more/night?:eek:). we've stayed at waikiki resort about 4 times (once i stayed by myself when hubby got delayed and joined me a few days later - i felt very safe). it's a basic hotel, not much in the way of frills (no room service, no exercise room, etc..), but very clean and depending where your room is located you can get a nice view of either ocean or mountains. front desk is always staffed and very friendly. there's a nice sidewalk coffee stand at the pacific beach hotel across the street and it's only 1/2 block from the beach. easy walking to everything in waikiki.

have you checked out their website? great 360 view that's a very good representation and gives you an idea of how close you are to the beach.

we recommend this hotel whenever possible!:D

Thanks so much for your comments. Sounds like exactly what we want. We are flying in 2 days early before our cruise and purchased a 10 day package.

Cheers,

Nancy

aloha! just to clarify, you're talking about 'waikiki resort hotel' on the corner of koa and liliuokalani streets? if that's the one, it's our absolute favorite budget hotel in hawaii. (if money's no object the moana is the ultimate old hawaii experience, but who wants to pay $300 or more/night?:eek:). we've stayed at waikiki resort about 4 times (once i stayed by myself when hubby got delayed and joined me a few days later - i felt very safe). it's a basic hotel, not much in the way of frills (no room service, no exercise room, etc..), but very clean and depending where your room is located you can get a nice view of either ocean or mountains. front desk is always staffed and very friendly. there's a nice sidewalk coffee stand at the pacific beach hotel across the street and it's only 1/2 block from the beach. easy walking to everything in waikiki.

have you checked out their website? great 360 view that's a very good representation and gives you an idea of how close you are to the beach.

we recommend this hotel whenever possible!:D

• 3 months later...
Thanks so much for your comments. Sounds like exactly what we want. We are flying in 2 days early before our cruise and purchased a 10 day package.

Cheers,

Nancy

Nancy,

Just wondering if you liked the Waikiki Resort? Did your 10 day package include a Honolulu city tour? If it did, I think you may have had the same package we have booked. Any feedback on how your trip went would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandy

Archived