Can you recommend a snorkeling bag/backpack to carry our gear off the ship

snorkelingsearchers

Okay so we have snorkeling gear and we have been using it for a couple years on land snorkeling vacas. But we haven't been on a cruise with it - and I am thinking I need to get a bag to carry our stuff off the ship in. I can probably shove it in a backpack - but I thought I would see if you guys have a suggestion. (We will probably rent lockers or chairs where we snorkel - so it is not critical that we snorkel with it). Thanks for any suggetions

We went to Sports Authority for our first snorkelling cruise, and got a couple of Body Glove mesh bags. Everything fit, a little tight, but it fit. For this next trip, we have new gear and better info (better fins, masks are now in plastic boxes, boots, bought our own vests etc...). We're going to use the mesh bags for fins and snorkels, but we each added another small mesh bag for the rest. We've checked out the "functionality" of this package, and it's fine. A lot of dive shops can help you out if you need more help, too. Hope this helps.

Luis

This is what we use. They work great. I just happened to find this when I was googling the name of the ones we have, I'm not affiliated with this seller in any way. We got ours from the local dive shop here at home. Happy snorkeling!

http://cgi.ebay.com/UK-uniBAG-NYLON%2fMESH-GEAR-%26-CATCH-DIVE-BAG-%7eNEW%7e_W0QQitemZ260357635392QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few that I bought from online dive shops like Leisure Pro.

The big problem is that once you get all of your gear into them it is so large and bulky it is a real pain to carry around. I prefer to get a couple smaller mesh backpacks and use a small beach carry (cruise lines usually provide one) for our towels and such. Also, I stopped carrying fins around on most of our trips if we're going on an excursion where they are provided or you can rent them on a beach. I did buy some inexpensive neoprene ''fin socks" to help prevent chaffing and improve fit in these rented or borrowed fins and that works great for us.

Archived