Island Escape - Refurbishment

Cruise Babe 48

• 3 weeks later...
Hope this is before we go ! we are going on her on the 14 october 2010

bardunc

I've only got this from the reviews as I said, not from any official Thomson's source. The refurb date might be variable.

Also according to the brochure all the cruise dates are there right up until 28th Oct when she goes out to Canaries for the winter.

Berwyn

I found a post off a person who tried to book the Western Horizons relocation cruise for 28 Oct next year and it is not showing up as available. Perhaps this is when she's going in for the refurbishment.

It was either on here or cruise.co.uk

Berwyn

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an interesting thing I just found on the Thomson's website.

Thomson's Destiny is doing a 6 night cruise on the 30/10/2010 from Palma out to Tenerife.

Then there is nothing showing for her until 5th Dec when she does the transatlanic crossing from Lisbon.

And you can't book the Escape for this period.

Berwyn

We have booked on Island Escape Colourful Escapes and have read some comments that the Escape is need of Refurbishment. I have also noted comments that there are rumours of a refurb in November. Does anyone know the latest?

thanks

We went on the Island escape in july this year and wished we had checked it out properly before booking. Had we realised it is a converted ferry we would never have booked it,, and I m not being snobbish,Its obviously at the lower end of cruising,, we booked a balcony room as it was our 30th anniversary and to be honest I could have cried when I saw it ?? Dirty,, tatty,, noisey,,, need I go on ?? Never again,,, I hope Thomsons have bought it to scupper it cos thats where it belongs??

Sorry to hear Newstarter did not enjoy the Escape. But to balance this out there are 2 good reviews today from people just back from the relocation cruise to the Canaries who really enjoyed themselves on cruise.co.uk.

I don't think the fact that she was originally a vehicle ferry is so much a problem as she had a long cruise career with various cruise companies including Royal Caribbean before coming to Island Cruises.

Berwyn

Only 4 weeks and 1 day to go for us. Really getting excited now

We went on the Island escape in july this year and wished we had checked it out properly before booking. Had we realised it is a converted ferry we would never have booked it,, and I m not being snobbish,Its obviously at the lower end of cruising,, we booked a balcony room as it was our 30th anniversary and to be honest I could have cried when I saw it ?? Dirty,, tatty,, noisey,,, need I go on ?? Never again,,, I hope Thomsons have bought it to scupper it cos thats where it belongs??

There are many ,many people who love her and would not go on any other ship ,so sorry that you did not like it ,each to their own eh, the staff are wonderful and you would be hard pushed to find better :)

mrs.c

There are many ,many people who love her and would not go on any other ship ,so sorry that you did not like it ,each to their own eh, the staff are wonderful and you would be hard pushed to find better :)

mrs.c

We're with you Mrs. C.

We went with Royal Caribbean in June. Lovely ship, nice crew, but never again.

Not a patch on the Escape for service, food and friendliness

Berwyn

Hear,hear, cymro , when I was on her last there was a lady at our table who said when she arrived dockside she hated it before she even boarded so she had made up her mind to hate her holiday right away and she did moan everytime I saw her :mad:

And we sat for dinner several times with a couple in their 70's who were used to cruising with the "grander" cruise lines like Cunard and Fred Olsen. The wife was so glad she was able to relax and not bring her formal dresses with her.

she used to have to take about 3 for the compulsory formal nights.

Berwyn

Archived