Shoes, Shoes and more Shoes

Dona March

I had to share this with you just got back from DSW 4 pairs of shoea for 82.00 dollars 1 pair BCBG were 80% off I got a really cute pair of Roman sandels in silver if you need shoes for your cruise to warm weather check out the sale part of the store....Happy shopping.....

I had to share this with you just got back from DSW 4 pairs of shoea for 82.00 dollars 1 pair BCBG were 80% off I got a really cute pair of Roman sandels in silver if you need shoes for your cruise to warm weather check out the sale part of the store....Happy shopping.....

Wow. What a great deal! Don't you love days like that, where you just can't go wrong with four pairs of shoes at $82!

We don't have a DSW in our town either, but I used to love to shop there in my hometown. Speaking of shoes, I did something so out of character for me yesterday!:eek: I went to the mall to purchase only some "collar stays" for DH shirts, I walk in the door of Macys and the first thing I see is the new shoes on display. I bought a pair of sling-back, peep toe leopard pumps!:rolleyes: I don't have a clue what I was thinking. They are really cute, but as I said, so out of character for "old conservative me"!:D Still debating if I will keep them or take them back.:)

We don't have a DSW in our town either' date=' but I used to love to shop there in my hometown. Speaking of shoes, I did something so out of character for me yesterday!:eek: I went to the mall to purchase only some "collar stays" for DH shirts, I walk in the door of Macys and the first thing I see is the new shoes on display. I bought a pair of sling-back, peep toe leopard pumps!:rolleyes: I don't have a clue what I was thinking. They are really cute, but as I said, so out of character for "old conservative me"!:D Still debating if I will keep them or take them back.:)[/b']

I've always owned basic black/brown/beige shoes. I never had owned color. Last year, at 49 years old, I decided I wanted a pair of red pumps to go with a black & white skirt. I found a pair with a 3.5" heel in bright red. I tried them on, I loved them, the price was right, they were very comfortable. And then I sat there and hesitated, asking myself can I really wear these, to the office, no less. Finally, I decided a time comes in every girl's life where she simply deserves a pair of red high heels. I bought them. I love them! I wear them with black slacks and a white top with a red belt, or grey slacks with a white top for a pop of color. Now I've also added to my color collection red/black reptile print sandals and bronze patent leather sandals. Keep the leopards! Try them on with a black pant or skirt and red, black, or white top. They will give the outfit a nice pop!

Oh, I have no problem with color shoes. I have them in every shade of the rainbow. When Drew plays music tonight, I am wearing a pair of hot pink heels with a peep toe and bow on them. Usually when I find a shoe that I like, I buy one of every color! I just have never gone this "overboard" and bought something so "unconventional".!:D

I'm thinking of taking them on our valentine cruise and wear them with a short black or red cocktail dress!:eek: I have a lot of time to think about that one!:rolleyes:

Shoes are my one vice and try as hard as I might.....I can't resist them. The sales lady just doubled over with laughter while I was trying them on. I told her that I know that I have to "Cast my Crown" back at His feet in heaven...but I was thinking of asking Him if I could have a pair of matching shoes just to keep!:o

Drew is insisting that I keep them also....We'll see..:)

Oh' date=' I have no problem with color shoes. I have them in every shade of the rainbow. When Drew plays music tonight, I am wearing a pair of hot pink heels with a peep toe and bow on them. [/quote']

You think that a hot pink peep toe with a bow is "conventional" and less "overboard" than a leopard peep toe slingback? Gotta disagree with you on that one. A leopard slingback is a classic look that's been worn for decades, and from afar will stand out a whole lot less than hot pink with a bow.

I'm not advocating keeping shoes that you're not comfortable wearing (either physically or psychologically), but trust me, the leopard ones are less "overboard" than the hot pink.

Just my opinion.

If you like them and they feel comfortable, keep them and enjoy. Certainly don't worry about them being over-the-top. They're not. They'll go well with your black and red dresses.

I told her that I know that I have to "Cast my Crown" back at His feet in heaven...but I was thinking of asking Him if I could have a pair of matching shoes just to keep!:o

What does that even mean?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, keep the leopard shoes! Especially if Drew said to keep them! I also love the red peep toe pumps, my son and DIL took a cruise in July, and she bought a pair to go with a zebra print dress she wore to dinner one night. She has worn them since several times with jeans and a cute top. And the holidays are coming too, I am sure you will get to wear them many times.

To the OP, I just LOVE getting a good deal at DSW, most of my cruise dressy shoes came from there.

Well ladies, I guess it's a concensus...I'll probably keep the leopard shoes. So far, I've only had one person that did not like them...

Here's the real reason I decided to keep them....I have a five year old grandaughter who just happens to be a little prissy girly girl...Oh, and of course she is My Special angel....Anyway, she always loves to see the pictures of Grandmas's dresses and shoes when we cruise. My DIL says she walks around with them for days. She loves the dresses, but for some reason ... She really LOVES SHOES!;) Haven't a clue who she gets that from?:confused::rolleyes:

I found her a little "LBD" that has layers of ruffles...and of course then I found some little leopard shoes!:D She will think she is something...and of course she is!

1359744457_CHLOESCLOSET001.jpg.41879d8b517cf6389164cc12612f2e1c.jpg

Oh, I can just picture the two of you going out on the town in your dresses and leopard shoes! Maybe take her to a tea shop, or somewhere dainty like that. Who cares if you're a grown up in sassy heels in the middle of the day, your Princess will be smiling all day! And think of the memories she will have of your day!

Oh, I can just picture the two of you going out on the town in your dresses and leopard shoes! Maybe take her to a tea shop, or somewhere dainty like that. Who cares if you're a grown up in sassy heels in the middle of the day, your Princess will be smiling all day! And think of the memories she will have of your day!

I won't see her until the first part of December, but I have a girl's day all planned with her. Maybe even get our nails done!:)

Isn't cruise critic great for shopping tips? In a previous thread someone on these boards recommended 6pm.com - I ordered 3 pairs of shoes (something I would never usually do as I have very wide feet) check out the Bella Vita brand. I ordered them last week and got each pair for around $15.00 (now they are $40+ per pair) I'm sorry I didn't order more while they were on sale.:mad: Happy shopping and keep checking those websites:D

Archived