Cruise Document issues

Mikensusanl

Has anyone experienced difficulty recieving their cruise documents from RCI lately?

We are on the 9/27 sailing of AOS and still have yet to get our documents. So DH calls RCI on Wednesday and is told they were mailed on August 12th and for some unknown reason returned to RCI. Hmmm, nobody called to ask us about any problems with sending them out. So, the supervisor tells DH that they will be sending them overnight by way of UPS and the docs should be to us Thursday.

Thursday came, went and as of today we still have no documents. DH put in another phone call today and was told they had "lost" our documents and would send them via e-mail to us within a few hours. It has now been 7 hours and still no docs.

I guess I am just blowing off steam a bit but also wondering if anyone else has been having problems.

Thanks

No problems here with docs. I receievd mine for my 10/27 cruise.

Just to put you at ease. For the pasy year+ , I have never had to show my docs. The Setsail Pass you print when you do your online check-in is all you need!

I know the docs have excursion info , but you can view that also on Rc's website!

Make sure you do your online check-in and print your Setsail apss and your good to go!

Have a Great Cruise!:)

Thanks for the positive information. Do you know how they would handle the luggage tags to make sure our luggage wouldn't get lost? I guess that is the main concern.

Hope you have a great cruise yourselves!!!

The porters at the pier have blank tags that they will help you fill out and attach to your bags

Like pmshirl said, the set sail pass and your travel docs (passport, etc) are all you need. Read the docs online if you are new to cruising, but to print out all 26 (or so) pages, waste of paper.

Though actually I do miss getting the docs with the luggage tags in the mail. The cruise doc dance and all that. But alas, we must move forward into the new age.

Just print out the one page with your luggage tag, put your name and cabin number in a black sharpie and attach it to your luggage with clear packing tape sealing it. Or get the tags from the porters. We have done it both ways. The former we do beforehand in our hotel, the later if we didn't do the former, just takes a few minutes more at the pier. Both work just fine.

Colleen

Archived