How far does the Legend go?

Gingee

I was wondering how far out does the Legend go when it is heading from New York to San Juan. In other words, how many miles out are we from the U.S.? Do we go by Bermuda and if so, do we see Bermuda? I just looked on the globe and I was just wondering the route?

You dont see Bermuda. Its still very far. As you head south, the ship gets more apart from the U.S. Last time in July when we were heading back to NYC. A passenger had a heart attack and and we had to go to Bermuda. It was the first sea day after Tortola. We turned for Bermuda around 4pm that day and did not make it till like 11 am the next day at full speed. She was doing 24 knots. So its very far from The Legend route to Bermuda

On our sailing last year, the Captain swung the ship way far out from the Eastern coastline to avoid awful weather that was hitting the entire Eastern coast. We didn't see Bermuda, but it's possible we could have had we been looking. We really swung out pretty far. We left NYC (end of May) in horrible 60 degree, rainy, windy weather. By the next morning, we were in 80 degree sunny skies! Good job, Captain!

Archived