Vantage Cruises

buffetking

Cool, we will keep each other posted. I can not wait for the trip, should be fun. We have been to Brussels, it is a beautiful place. If you like snails?? esgargot??? You can get them sssooooo cheap at little kiosks. YUM!

I absolutely LOVE escargot....you can buy it at kiosks? And they're good.....I am so there!!!!! :) :):D

We just returned (9/26/2009) form our first river cruise and with Vantage. We did Budapest to Amsterdam on River Odyssey. WE stayed on the top deck. The whole experience was outstanding. We have cruised before with Cruise West. This trip had better food, better cabins, and the firendliest crew we have encountered.

Unfortunately Vantage has only two boats and the both do the same itinerary. We are going ot Egypt wiht Uniworld next Feburary and are anxiously awating reviews of the new River Tosca.

We just returned (9/26/2009) form our first river cruise and with Vantage. We did Budapest to Amsterdam on River Odyssey. WE stayed on the top deck. The whole experience was outstanding. We have cruised before with Cruise West. This trip had better food, better cabins, and the firendliest crew we have encountered.

Unfortunately Vantage has only two boats and the both do the same itinerary. We are going ot Egypt wiht Uniworld next Feburary and are anxiously awating reviews of the new River Tosca.

We did Egypt this past January with Vantage and it was wonderful. We also went to Jordan, and if you have the opportunity to go, it was amazing. Petra was one of the most exciting places I've ever been.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going on the June 17, 2010 Vantage river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. Curious about Internet service. I hear it's rather expensive on board the boats. Did any previous travelers find suitable alternatives, either along the way or at specific stops?

I need to spend about an hour every other day.

(I realize I'm on vacation, but there's just some business that needs tending to! :))

Going on the June 17' date=' 2010 Vantage river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. :))[/quote']

Karl:

We'll have to keep in touch over the next 8 months. We're getting on as you get off for the July 2, 2010 cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. Hopefully you can give us some good tips along the way.

• 1 month later...

Dennis,

We'll make sure not to trash the boat and leave it in good shape for you. :)

I learned from Vantage the current onboard wi-fi rate is 5 euros per hour, much better than the Carnival Cruise rate I just paid 2 weeks ago of $24 (18 euros) per hour.

We just extended our stay in Amsterdam at the end by 2 days (not through the offered extended stay) and glad to be able to have the extra time in Amsterdam, my #2 favorite international city. Wish it could be longer, but pushing the trip at 18 days now. Hope you have a chance to spend a few days in that beautiful city.

Now, we have to get through the months of waiting!

Karl

Archived