Park and Cruise in LA?

cruisewish

We've used them in the past with great success. Our car was parked under cover and under guard and the hotel shuttled us to and from the port (which is within walking distance) *and* to and from dinner the night before. The room was large and we were able to watch the ship come in to port the day we sailed.

Smooth seas & a following wind

Grant & Jeanne

When I checked earlier in the year, the Park & Cruise Package included

complimentary parking for up to 14 days, shuttle to and from the World Cruise Center located in San Pedro, breakfast for two and sparkling wine or cider.

The regular room rate was less and the only difference was no breakfast. The parking and shuttle were included, so unless the breakfast is important to you, save the money for use on board.

Also, I believe the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro provides parking and shuttle service as well. http://www.crowneplaza.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/LAXPV?&sitrackingid=56441375&sicreative=2850865100&dp=true&sicontent=0&siclientid=1863&cm_mmc=Google-PS-CrownePlaza-_-G+B-AmericasWest-_-CA-San%2BPedro-_-crown+plaza+san+pedro|-|100000000000173672103&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000173672103-_-2850865100&gclid=CKmsrOeV_5wCFShGagodChQcbg

Which hotels offer the free parking option if you stay with them for a night prior to the cruise? Someone mentioned Doubletree, I think. Thanks!

I also recommend the Crowne Plaza.

I stayed there several times and love the location. From my hotel window I saw the Mariner docked.

Yes, they have a shuttle to the ship and pick you up after the cruise.

The hotel is beautiful and very clean.

I do use their Park and Cruise. ;)

For those who drive to the port, they will keep your car in an underground parking garage for 14 nights. It is included in their package deal with the Park and Cruise/Sail package. You do pay more for that package then a plain one night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel

LOS ANGELES HARBOR HOTEL

601 S. PALOS VERDES ST.

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-310-5198200 | Hotel Fax: 1-310-5198421

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/laxpv

Walk 1 block down and you are on the piers at the Port's O' Call Marketplace with lots of shops and restaurants.

http://www.sanpedro.com/sp_point/portcall.htm

EDIT: I believe this is the closest hotel to the piers.

We have stayed at the Crown Plaza and it is a great location, less than a mile to the San Pedro cruise terminal. Last time our room also had a view of the Mariner. We are staying there once again in November when we sail Mariner for the second time this year:D.

If you go on Priceline for hotels in San Pedro, chick on 3 1/2 stars, and bid $65 you will most likely get the Crown. There are only 2 hotels that are rated 3 1/2 stars in San Pedro, the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza. You can't go wrong with either. Parking at the World Cruise Terminal is ~ $103.00 for 7 nights. Crown and Doubletree's stay, park and cruise package is ~$200. So it is slightly cheaper to bid on Priceline and park at the terminal. Crown has a complimentary shuttle to from the pier if anyone is flying and staying pre or post cruise.

We have stayed at the Crown Plaza and it is a great location, less than a mile to the San Pedro cruise terminal. Last time our room also had a view of the Mariner. We are staying there once again in November when we sail Mariner for the second time this year:D.

If you go on Priceline for hotels in San Pedro, chick on 3 1/2 stars, and bid $65 you will most likely get the Crown. There are only 2 hotels that are rated 3 1/2 stars in San Pedro, the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza. You can't go wrong with either. Parking at the World Cruise Terminal is ~ $103.00 for 7 nights. Crown and Doubletree's stay, park and cruise package is ~$200. So it is slightly cheaper to bid on Priceline and park at the terminal. Crown has a complimentary shuttle to from the pier if anyone is flying and staying pre or post cruise.

Actually, last week, the 7 day charge was $84. That's $12 per day. The rumor is the rate will be increased on 1/1/10 to $15 per day.

As previously stated, check with the Doubletree on the regular rate as it should also include the parking and the shuttle but without the breakfast. IMHO, if you can drive to the pier on the day of the cruise, it is much cheaper and easier than staying overnight at the hotel and waiting for their shuttle. On 9/13, we carried our luggage off the Mariner, walked to the car and were on our way home by 8:40 AM.

Actually, last week, the 7 day charge was $84. That's $12 per day. The rumor is the rate will be increased on 1/1/10 to $15 per day.

As previously stated, check with the Doubletree on the regular rate as it should also include the parking and the shuttle but without the breakfast. IMHO, if you can drive to the pier on the day of the cruise, it is much cheaper and easier than staying overnight at the hotel and waiting for their shuttle. On 9/13, we carried our luggage off the Mariner, walked to the car and were on our way home by 8:40 AM.

Mark, you are correct... in most cases if you live within driving distance it is much less costly to drive and park the day of embarkation. We have done that several times since we live ~400 miles from LA, especially when traveling with friends it is a lot cheaper than flying. Mark, you have it great by living in San Diego!! I find though by having to get up at ~4 am and drive for 5-6 hours one tends to be pretty tried the day of embarkation.

For our November Mariner cruise we decided to fly Southwest since there is only the two of us (no friends this time). The cost to do so and stay overnight is not that much more then the cost of driving and parking.

I read on another thread someone had recently paid ~$103/7 days at the World Cruise Terminal in San Pedro. Maybe they were mixed up and actually parked at the cruise terminal in Long Beach. Who knows????

Archived