Galveston choice?

I am having a hard time making up my mind. Should I go on Carnival Conqest to the Bahamas or Voyager to Coz, Honduras, and Costa Maya?

Heres my thinking.

-I've been on Conquest and loved it, but not crazy about the idea of a repeat because I like to explore new things. Balcony way to expensive on this one.

-Never been to the Bahamas, or key West(Conquest)

-I've done the Western Carribean enough.(Voyager)

-Never been on the Voyager,love big boats. So much to explore on this boat. and I could afford a balcony on her right now, which I love. I actually have not cruised Royal Carribean before.

So I guess it's a trade off, new adventure on boat or new adventure on land. I wish I could just do both, but thats not an option right now.

Help, please.

I have never been to the Bahamas, but my friends who like the same stuff I do, just left yesterday for the Bahamas on Conquest. I also am planning on booking another cruise and this is also my delima, so I am waiting on them to get back to see their thoughts. Personally, I am leaning on the Voyager because of the ports. I have sailed RCCL before and they are awesome as well. I like the idea of the ports on Voyager as they would mostly be new to me, but the Bahamas would be new to me as well. If you found a good price for Voyager I would like the date to review if you don't mind. In a week I will be able to report what friends views are about the Eastern caribbean.

Yes, RCCL introduced "My Time Dining" sometime during this year. I've heard pros and cons about it. It's just like making a reservation at a restaurant...if there's a table available when you pick your time, you can eat then...if not, you're going to have to wait.

:DWe have sailed RCCL (Splendor, Voyager and Navigator) Princess and MSC.

We loved all three lines and the three RCCL ships.

We have not cruised Carnival!

The Voyager was largest cruise ship in world when it was built in 1999.

There is you’re size.

Navigator is sister ship (same size) to Voyager

and only about three years old.

Both are beautiful ships.

The main dining areas are beautiful and formal in my opinion.

Main dining area also had open middle atrium up three floors,

and with massive chandeliers.

Ship has center Galleria walk area with shopping, bars, restaurant atrium area.

It has an ice rink, outdoor theater screen, and adult only pool area in rear of ship.

You should enjoy Vogager. We did very much.

Generally we like group seating.

If you like, yes they have personal dining (timing and small table seating).

We used it on special occasions and liked it for privacy.

Remember we like adventure, easy going and are open minded also.

Sounds like you would like you would like Key West and Bahamas.

Key West deserves more than a day stop.

We have spent land trip in days there, and would go back.

Bahamas is like mostly any other Caribbean stops.

All of the Caribbean and Bahamas are beautiful and wonderful in my opinion.

We fell in love with the Transatlantic (TA) Cruises and their stops.

If you have air miles and time…… the prices can be cheaper, same or just a little more than the 7 day cruises.

Our last trip was on new MSC Orchestra (Italian Line) and was a wonderful trip.

The first few days were in Med (from Genoa around Med)… then Africa ……then Portugal Islands ……then Atlantic crossing….. then last few days in Caribbean … to Ft Lauderdale. Food menu was planned around country destination stops.

Remember the Italian cruise line pick was for the adventure and varied experience.

There were lots of Europeans and six languages being spoken.

A fun and exploration trip, it was. Would do it again.

The Voyager TA was a great trip also - Galveston to Barcelona.

And we are doing reverse trip (Barcelona to Galveston)

again for the trip and the ship.

We live in Galveston and it also makes Galveston related TA an easy trip for us.

The TA’s stops we have had in Miami with overnighter, Key West, and all the Portugal Islands in Atlantic, Portugal, Spain, Italy, France and Africa have been wonderful.

The crossing on the Atlantic is nice and for a slowed down time on ship.

If you like an adventure.

You might also consider a 7 day Maine Coast Tall Ship sails on the Schooner Mary Dayout of Camden Maine. Small with thirty quests, great food and wonderful daily stops.

Yes a real adventure …………and yes you get to know everyone real well.

Good luck with choice, have fun and come join us on a TA.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Voyager last year and will be again next year. I enjoyed Roatan. I toured with Victor Bodden and got to zipline, play with his monkey, etc.

You might check into the Visa Card offered by Royal Caribbean and pick up some more credit that way.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am having a hard time making up my mind. Should I go on Carnival Conqest to the Bahamas or Voyager to Coz, Honduras, and Costa Maya?

Heres my thinking.

-I've been on Conquest and loved it, but not crazy about the idea of a repeat because I like to explore new things. Balcony way to expensive on this one.

-Never been to the Bahamas, or key West(Conquest)

-I've done the Western Carribean enough.(Voyager)

-Never been on the Voyager,love big boats. So much to explore on this boat. and I could afford a balcony on her right now, which I love. I actually have not cruised Royal Carribean before.

So I guess it's a trade off, new adventure on boat or new adventure on land. I wish I could just do both, but thats not an option right now.

Help, please.

I might be able to help with the ships:

Voyager of the Seas has the "Royal Promenade", a colorful mall in the middle of the ship with a few bars, shops, a cafe', and has parades on some nights. Voyager of the Seas also has an ice skating rink, which people can skate on some days, and has parades on some nights. There is also a much larger pool area on Voyager, as well as a larger sports area. (Voyager has rock climbing, in-line skating, a golf simulator, and a full basketball court, in addition to mini golf.) There is also a lounge on the top of the ship with 180 degree views of the pool deck below & the water on either side of the ship. And if you're hungry yet, there are more resturaunts on Voyager than on the Conquest. (There is a 50's diner and a cafe)

And now finally, the things you might miss on the Carnival Conquest: The waterslide, the large LED movie screen...

Ok, just to let ya know what the friends thought about the Bahamas....

Nassau - They loved it and it was beautiful.

Freeport - Was not an impressive port, gotta take the good with the bad.

Key West - Always like KW

Since I am going solo, I decided to take the Ecstasy in January......also, this fit with my schedule better. If schedule and single supplement were NOT an issue, personally I would take VOS because I would love to go to Roatan which has been really getting awesome reviews.

I kinda figure Freeport is the least impressive port on the sailing similar to Progresso, Belize, etc. This is just my opinion from what I have read and heard.

Any cruise is what you make it though, I would definitely go on either one by all means, just think VOS would be nice because I have never been to some of the ports or the ship.

Just my 0.02

Archived