sotoscruises

sugarsmacks

We used sotocruises a few years ago and were very pleased with them. the day we went to sting ray city it was extremely rough, but they had no control over that. The snorkling was fair, but again the waters were rough. Our group is going to Grand Cayman in January, and some of us are going to sting ray city and then out to the coral reefs snorkling, and are using another excuriosn group because of the opportunity to go to see the coral.

Thanks jpaq. It doesn't look like anyone has used them lately. That gets me a little nervous. We have a large group of about 40-50 of us going in January. Since we have used them before, a few people would like to try them again. I am not sure. It seems like native way and franks water sports get a lot of votes. We are just looking into going to see the rays and to a nice beach.

We used Soto's Cruises 3 weeks ago, and I thought that, for the $30 we paid (cheapest we could fine online), the excursion was good. They took us out for 2 hours divided between the coral gardens and the stingray sandbar. The snorkelling at the coral gardens wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be (judging from the photos of the reef on their site), but maybe that's just the geography of Grand Cayman. We had great fun with them at the stingray sandbar, where we were able to kiss/pet/feed/hold the stingrays while a guy snapped shots of us (sold later on a CD). The guides weren't always talking/joking like most other tour guides, but they were informative and were there when you needed them. I thought that $30 for this excursion was a deal and would definitely book with them again

Archived