Early Booking/Fare Adjustments

We are looking to book a 12 day Mediterranean cruise for May 2011 when they become available in a couple of months- it is a graduation present for our daughter who is graduating from Med school before she starts her residency. We have a small window so we want to jump on it quickly (as there are not too many 3 person cabins)- we cruise a lot with other lines and if the prices fall or there are specials they adjust our fare accordingly. This will be our first cruise with RCL- do they also offer this adjustment? Of course with just a deposit you can always cancel and rebook- but that is the more inconvenient method-

Hey there.

You keep an eye on the prices and if you see a price drop contact who ever you booked with (RCCL or your travel agent (TA)) and have them adjust to lower rate.

If it drops after you have paid in full, you will get On Board Credit (OBC) for that amount.

The onus is on you (or your TA), however, to keep an eye on the price for any dips.

And yes, you can cancel x days out for for full refund. I'll get that link and post in a minute.

After You Purchase

Q: If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund?

A: You will get a full refund if you notify us in writing 70 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine the cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

This cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Cruise Length

Days to Departure

Charges Per Person

1 - 5 Nights

60+ No charges

59-30 Deposit amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

7 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

6 - 9 Nights

70+ No charges

69-30 Deposit amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

10+ Nights

70+ No charges

69-30 Deposit amount

29-15 50% of total price (taxes & fees excluded)*

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

Holiday Sailings:

6-8 nights

90+ No charges

89-30 Deposit Amount

29-8 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)**

9+ nights

90+ No charges

89-30 Deposit Amount

29-15 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded)**

14 or less No refund except for taxes and fees

* Or deposit amount, whichever is greater.

** Holiday sailings are defined as sailings that occur over Christmas and/or New Year's day.

Thanks- That is the same experience we have had with other lines- just wanted to make 100% certain that there were not any unusual twists with RCL that I was unaware of. I was going to book quickly when it became available and not worry too much about the cost- it is the time and itinerary that we are drawn to the most. (though our pockets are not as deep as we would like)

Thanks- That is the same experience we have had with other lines- just wanted to make 100% certain that there were not any unusual twists with RCL that I was unaware of. I was going to book quickly when it became available and not worry too much about the cost- it is the time and itinerary that we are drawn to the most. (though our pockets are not as deep as we would like)

RCL is one of the few (along with her sister lines) that honors prices drops after final payment, up to 72 hours before sailing. As the previous poster said they give OBC now after final payment but if you don't use it all it will be refunded to the form of payment securing your seapass account.

Archived