3 Night Mercury Cruise

Hayward2

The question of a Formal Night on Mercury's Pacific Northwest 3 night cruise still lingers. I have seen and heard contradictory answers both on this forum and from my personal calls to Celebrity. It would be very helpful to me if someone who sails on the September 28th or October 2nd cruise would respond on this forum, either from the cruise or upon their return regarding the Formal Night question. I am sailing on the Oct 9th voyage and it would greatly help my packing.:)

We are on the 3 day out of SEA on 28th Sept. I am leaving Wednesday morning and hoping the formal or not formal would be answered. I am also not too familiar with these message boards and don't have much time to get an answer. I was thinking of packing a "little black dress" (though I don't have that little body like I used to!!! My husband is already in SEA and it's left for me to bring his "formal night" attire...sould sport coat slack and tie be OK. We do not want to have to drag stuff with us for nothing but do not want to be under/over dressed. If I can figure out how to get back here I will def report after crusie. BTW he just called and the Mercury is just pulling out the dock for the 4 day version.

We are sailing on Mercury Sept 28 for the FOUR night cruise. I thought there was 1 formal night, but I also hear there are only "smart casual" nights. I have no idea what "dumb" casual is....but I guess that's shorts. I'll try to get online & update from the cruise.

According to the ticket booklet and Celebrity's website, there is 1 formal night on the 4-night cruise. Interesting that they don't mention the 3-night cruise dress code anywhere.

That's because there is no formal night on 3-night cruises. I verified this with Celebrity ... 2 different agents. :D

Color my DH happy that he does not have to lug his tux along on our upcoming 3-night Mercury cruise ...

I just posted this question on our connections forum - we're sailing on the 25th and packing should begin soon...We've been on the last few years' 3-day out of Seattle and while there isn't a formal night I do remember quite a few people dressing up on Saturday evening with a number of tuxedos and glittery dresses going around. Just trying to get an idea for who is wearing what this year!

I just posted this question on our connections forum - we're sailing on the 25th and packing should begin soon...We've been on the last few years' 3-day out of Seattle and while there isn't a formal night I do remember quite a few people dressing up on Saturday evening with a number of tuxedos and glittery dresses going around. Just trying to get an idea for who is wearing what this year!

I just returned from the 8 night Mercury sailing and eventhough we had two formal nights only about 30% of the men actually wore tuxedos. (My partner and I were two of those men). About 30% more wore a dark suit or sport coat. About 40% of the men wore polo shirts to the main dining room and the staff didn't even bat an eyelash. In these tough times of paying a fortune on 1st and 2nd bags on airlines, I would highly suggest you leave the formal attire at home on a short 3 night cruise. The only reason Celebrity might have a formal night is to sell more photos. Trust me, you will be much happier if you simply wear a nice blouse and skirt if you are a lady and a pair of slacks and a dress shirt (maybe a tie) if you are a guy.

Archived