How far in advance do you book excursions?

NEHMAR

Our cruise is in May 2010, should I start booking now? Will I be totally annoying if I create a separate thread for each port and ask everyone to post their favorite and least favorite excursion?

Theoretically it's a 90 day before rule but often you can find them good to go prior to that. I always book them the first day possible so I get exactly what I want.

as its already been said...90 days is typical through the cruise lines. Most of the in demand/good excursions book up prior to boarding so if you plan to take one of the cruise lines excursions I would book them early. Dont hesitate to book outside of the cruise line too....usually you will have better options that are a bit more affordable and a lot less crowded. Any of the highly recommended excursion companies will offer money back if your ship doesnt port or if you cancel within 14 days of your excursion. Check out the ports of call forums for your destinations and do some searching around there. You will find more then enough info on those topics...if you dont find the answers your looking for then by all means post up a new topic within that forum.

If you are booking with cruiselines - yes you do have to wait til they are 'posted'! If you are going with an independent and know what you want I would go ahead and book in advance esp if the tour or tour guide is a very popular one. (make sure to find out the cancellation policy in advance if any deposit is required!).

No need to post different threads on your ports - just visit the various 'ports of call' boards and read up on the different options and reviews before making your final decision and feel free to ask questions there as well!

Good luck!

I never have booked anything in advance. I prefer to just play it by ear and think about it when we get on the ship, but we aren't big excursion people. Usually only do an excursion if it's somewhere we haven't been before and want to see the place so I know what I want to do if/when I get back there.

Our cruise is in May 2010, should I start booking now? Will I be totally annoying if I create a separate thread for each port and ask everyone to post their favorite and least favorite excursion?

It would be best to have a look through the Ports of Call section. Many times people that have been on an excursion will do a decent review that you can read. Their review will give more info.

If you do create a seperate thread for each port - trust that you WILL annoy some people!!!

:oForgot to answer one of your questions...oops.

Is it too early to book - depends.

If booking through Carnival you will have to wait - 3 months out.

If booking privately - start making inquiries now, book as soon as you have made up your mind.

Archived