Shore excursions on RCC's Jewel to the Panama Canal

orchid123

Hi, those of you that have sailed to any of these ports: Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; and Grand Cayman, which shore excursions would you recommend or not recommend. Any comments are more than welcome. Thanks in advance....:)

The stray dog petting tour in Colon is always a fun time:rolleyes:;):D. OK, no more kidding... As far as Colon is concerned you may wish to take the Canal by Ferry if you want to see more of the Canal, the Embera Indian Village and the Panama Railroad are great as well. Puerto Limon, we did the Banana Plantation an Railroad, enjoyed.... Cartagena not sure what the trip was called but in took in the old Colonial walled part of the city and 2 brief shopping stops. On another trip to Cartagena we did the Pirate ship around the bay. While I did enjoy both tours the Pirate Ship was the weaker tour of the two. In the Cayman Islands DW and I split up, she being more intrepid than I, took in Stingray City, (and this was right after the Crocodile Hunter had his unfortunate accident, krieke!) She still raves about Stingray City. As for me, I took my life in my hands and took a Taxi tour of the Island, as it was a regular left hand drive car on the left side of the road. I was in the front passenger seat:eek:... good view of the oncoming traffic! Yes, we got to go to Hell... and back! Enjoyed.

We really enjoyed going thru the entire canal and returned from Panana City by bus. The canal is amazing and the history is awesome. Puerto Lima we did the canal, railroad and banana factory tour, the canal was the best part. We missed Labadee so had three cruise days before our first day in port. Cartagena did a walking tour very nice old town area and a beautiful church. Hope this helps.

Archived