Splendor -- Hurricane Jemina -- 25% Discount on Future Cruise

CalmCruiserNC

Hi, Everyone!

Several passengers on my voyage have asked for a copy of the letter we were given offering us a 25% discount on a future cruise because of Hurricane Jemina. I've scanned it and uploaded it to our website (it's too large of a file to post here). I hope it helps!

http://masterstream.com/today/CarnivalLetter.jpg

I'm surprised this is necessary, but from what I've heard, the Carnival PVPs have no idea what we're talking about when we ask for our discount.

Thanks for the upload. It was great meeting you on the cruise.

Have you booked your next cruise yet? Anyone from this trip had problems with getting the 25% discount?

We haven't booked anything yet, but cruising71 (Cori) has tried and got a LOT of hassle, which is why I scanned the letter for her. Carnival told her that we all should receive an official letter in about 6 weeks after the cruise. I didn't like the sound of that, so I hunted through all of our paperwork and found this letter --

I do hope it helps her out --

Nice meeting you as well :)

PS -- I don't remember if you and Linda exchanged biz cards, but you can reach her at lnapier@masterstream.com

Thanks for Linda's contact info.

I knew there would be problems with the 25% discount. That is why I saved my letter as well and put in in a file. EVERY time I have had to deal with Carnival's customer service it has been a joke.

They seem to change their policies all the time and the PVP's never know what you are talking about. I make it a practice to get each person's name, extention number and time I talked to them and make a log for each reservation. It has saved my but with them on numerous times because their attitude usually is "prove it to us", not oh, you are the customer, how can I help you.

Again, I just chaulk it up to I get what I pay for and I don't pay much for Carnival cruises.

Thanks for Linda's contact info.

I knew there would be problems with the 25% discount. That is why I saved my letter as well and put in in a file. EVERY time I have had to deal with Carnival's customer service it has been a joke.

They seem to change their policies all the time and the PVP's never know what you are talking about. I make it a practice to get each person's name, extention number and time I talked to them and make a log for each reservation. It has saved my but with them on numerous times because their attitude usually is "prove it to us", not oh, you are the customer, how can I help you.

Again, I just chaulk it up to I get what I pay for and I don't pay much for Carnival cruises.

We're thinking about a late-January/early-February cruise, so it will be interesting to see if we get hassled -- but Linda is also a copious note-taker, so that might makes things a bit easier --

Linda said to jot her a quick email so she has you in her address book -- she's talking to a couple of friends of hers in the LA area about a girls-only cruise -- so she might end up out your way soon --

Archived