Upgrade call question?

fmingo36

I got the upsell call yesterday and we went from 8E balcony to a cat 11 suite for $300 on for 7 nights on Victory leaving this Sunday.

I specfically asked why were we called and was told that it was because we booked direct way back in March, and that since we are first timers on Carnival they "wanted us to be happy." What bullcr*p. They also said thier goal - in Carnivals marketing department - was to make sure the expensive rooms always sailed full.

They told me I got the call because we are platinum and they want to thank us and be happy.

Actually a load of bull. We told our pvp we would like an upsell call if possible for the last 5 cruises and last friday was our first call.

The real thing is it is easy to fill up ship with cheaper cabins so they take us cheapskates and call and entice us to move up.

In any case leaving next Friday with our first aft wrap balcony.

Do you only get the upsell call if you booked directly with Carnival? I booked through a TA - any chance we will get that call???

The travel agent would get the call and than should call you to decide.

By the time that happens and TA calls Carnival the upgrade may or may not be available.

This is one of the reasons we go direct and use a pvp.

I prefer to do my cruising direct and not use a middleman who may or may not be helpful in the event of a problem.

In my early cruising days we used a TA and the first time we had a problem they were less than useless and actually gave me about a dozen reasons why they would not get involved.

My answer was bye bye.

Archived