Where is the rule that alcohol can not be brought on ship?

kdinkus1

Hence the limited posts I have. I post only closer to my cruise date and then I do my reviews. I don't know what it is, but people here tend to dissect your comments and make things an issue that don't have to otherwise be.

Please, get over yourselves especially if you're off topic.

Thanks! :D

LOL! :eek::D

I'm not about to get involved in this flame-inducing debate, but I just couldn't help LMAO at that one. Thanks!;)

Do you have that link to that thread? I was searching for it earlier because it was growing so fast!!! I'm surprised it isn't on the front or 2nd page because people were commenting and it was hilarious to read.

Please post if you do.

Thanks!

So are you justifyng their behavior by saying they are trying to save a few bucks:confused: Or is that not the plain truth?

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people bringing the excess alcohol on board are doing it to save some money. Just telling the truth of why they do it - not justifying why they do it. I, personally, don't believe breaking this rule is justified by saving a few bucks. So I don't do it. My conscience would not let me.

Do you have that link to that thread? I was searching for it earlier because it was growing so fast!!! I'm surprised it isn't on the front or 2nd page because people were commenting and it was hilarious to read.

Please post if you do.

Thanks!

Ummm... sorry, what thread? I was just laughing at Salty Dingo's remark (rumrunner taped to chest). I don't know what thread you mean. :confused:

Oh! - Do you mean the alcohol-smuggling one referred to by the OP on this thread? I just looked for it, but I think it may have gone *POOF*. It was there last night. People were posting photos of their smuggled "stashes". Just wait awhile, someone is sure to start another thread just like it to light this fire up yet again. :rolleyes:

Hence the limited posts I have. I post only closer to my cruise date and then I do my reviews. I don't know what it is, but people here tend to dissect your comments and make things an issue that don't have to otherwise be.

Please, get over yourselves especially if you're off topic.

Thanks! :D

Which you are...:rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people bringing the excess alcohol on board are doing it to save some money. Just telling the truth of why they do it - not justifying why they do it. I, personally, don't believe breaking this rule is justified by saving a few bucks. So I don't do it. My conscience would not let me.

Ok ya lost me there:p

Probably why Carnival now requires that you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms of the cruise contract as part of the funpass process.

When you click on the little box you accept the following (along with the rest of the contract):

"(f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board. ."

And I would tend to agree that when my wife bought the tickets and clicked the box, she entered into a contract. However, I did not click on a box and I did not enter into a contract. In the circumstances in the example I gave, she bought the tickets and I didn't. She was not acting as my agent. I have no contractual relationship with Carnival and simply boarding the ship does not enter me into a contractual relationship. My wife certainly has a contractual relationship with Carnival. But in that example, I don't.

Just because you "see" someone speeding doesn't make it right. It is still breaking the traffic rules and if caught results in punishment.

My point wasn't that speeding was okay or not okay. My point was simply that there are "rules" that are too numerous to count that we, as individual members of society, break every single day.

And for the most part, most people don't consider it to be too much of a big deal. However, on this board, there are some people who get very, very excited about passengers who bring extra alcohol on board, as if they've committed some horrible crime.

It's not so much that rules are meant to be broken, it is we are continuously assessing the rules and continuously considering which ones to comply with and which ones to ignore. That's not just me or the people with alcohol in their luggage. It is everyone.

And I would tend to agree that when my wife bought the tickets and clicked the box, she entered into a contract. However, I did not click on a box and I did not enter into a contract. In the circumstances in the example I gave, she bought the tickets and I didn't. She was not acting as my agent. I have no contractual relationship with Carnival and simply boarding the ship does not enter me into a contractual relationship. My wife certainly has a contractual relationship with Carnival. But in that example, I don't.

Where is your law degree from?

The simple reason they don't allow it is becaue they want you to purchase it from them.......that is where they make their profit.......

It is the same anywhere a venue sells alcohol......period..........

Are you that stupid? That is not the only reason. Tell us wise one if you owned someplace like a ballpark how you would control all the drunks (like yourself) if you allow everyone to bring whatever liquor they wanted?

Tell us how you would prevent underage drinking? Of course a person like you don't care about underage drinking and probably encourages it.

The basic reason people smuggle liqueur on the ship is because they are cheap alcoholics? They can come up with a lot of other reason, but the bottom line is they a cheap and like to drink..

Are you that stupid? That is not the only reason. Tell us wise one if you owned someplace like a ballpark how you would control all the drunks (like yourself) if you allow everyone to bring whatever liquor they wanted?

Tell us how you would prevent underage drinking? Of course a person like you don't care about underage drinking and probably encourages it.

The basic reason people smuggle liqueur on the ship is because they are cheap alcoholics? They can come up with a lot of other reason, but the bottom line is they a cheap and like to drink..

Whoa there! Get a grip! I believe Kurbanfan is closest to correct here.

You haven't a clue what I do...and get paid for...again you are offtopic and then again so am I by responding to your stupid remarks...:cool:

I saw this thread had been reincarnated and this is what I see?? LMAO...

I love when anonymous people get all wound up about nothing. Really? Yeah...really.

Get a life, I cruise in 8 days!! Nothing can steal my glory!! :cool:

This topic has been beat to death many times but this is the fastest I have ever seen it escalate to such off topic flaming.:confused:

Just a lot of people that like to see themselves on the net and what they've written. I feel kind of sad for some of them because I have a life beyond CC and am not on here to find fights or finish off anyone on a darn thread.

How ignorant!! Have I already said it?? I'm leaving in 8 days!!! :rolleyes:

Actually she was. Each person on the booking must acknowledge the contract not just one person. If you didn't then she did defacto acting as your agent. (Whether authorized or not).

Started drinkin early did ya:confused::rolleyes:

Whoa there! Get a grip! I believe Kurbanfan is closest to correct here.

So, the only reason for you is because of the awful capitalist that want to make money.... Nothing to do with controlling underage drinking? Or, don't you believe in controlling drinking?

I suppose you sneak your wine into a nice restaurant and open the bottle at your table. Do you bring your our wine glasses or ask the restaurant to use these?

You have no objection for people to bring bottles of liquor to any sporting event and getting plastered and starting a fight. Just good old red neck fun. You have no objection in going to a play and having the person next to you opening the beer they brought in against the rules just so they can make more money during intermission. Nothing like the person next to you sucking up liquor during a performance.

Sorry, but these people are cheap and do not respect rules. You think it is just the capitalists that want you to buy from them that is a problem and rules are meant to be broken. .

so, the only reason for you is because of the awful capitalist that want to make money.... Nothing to do with controlling underage drinking? Or, don't you believe in controlling drinking?

i suppose you sneak your wine into a nice restaurant and open the bottle at your table. Do you bring your our wine glasses or ask the restaurant to use these?

you have no objection for people to bring bottles of liquor to any sporting event and getting plastered and starting a fight. Just good old red neck fun. You have no objection in going to a play and having the person next to you opening the beer they brought in against the rules just so they can make more money during intermission. Nothing like the person next to you sucking up liquor during a performance.

sorry, but these people are cheap and do not respect rules. You think it is just the capitalists that want you to buy from them that is a problem and rules are meant to be broken. .

wow!!!

Archived