Poll: Are jeans or shorts appropriate for casual night in the MDR?

Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?

• Jeans are fine, shorts are not.
    • Jeans are not okay, shorts are fine.
    • Jeans and shorts are fine.
    • Neither are okay in MDR!
    • Heck - I'd wear either on Formal Night!!

luckyprincess

The more of your posts that I read, the more I hope I never cruise with you! You seem to be very full of yourself, and very judgemental! People who really do look good in clothes don't have to tell others that they do. Your name seems to say it all, you think you are a princess, maybe you just neeed to grow up a bit, after all, you are "youngish"!

I hope ,and my guess is she will,that my wife will still be able to wear anything when she is Lucky's age

luckyprincess

The more of your posts that I read, the more I hope I never cruise with you! You seem to be very full of yourself, and very judgemental! People who really do look good in clothes don't have to tell others that they do. Your name seems to say it all, you think you are a princess, maybe you just neeed to grow up a bit, after all, you are "youngish"!

In defense of luckyprincess, she was not bragging about herself when she was talking about how she looks good in certain outfits--she was pointing out that denim can look nice. She is hardly full of herself, but rather has quite a sense of humor and can admit if she has said something that others might disagree with. This sense of self-awareness is quite lacking amongst most people on this board.

And hey, if she does look good, more power to her! :)

luckyprincess

Oh God, lighten up!:eek: She is just trying to bring some much needed humor to the forum. There are way to many uptight people here who cannot accept that times change and so does fashion.

Guest maddycat
Oh God, lighten up!:eek: She is just trying to bring some much needed humor to the forum. There are way to many uptight people here who cannot accept that times change and so does fashion.

Wow. If you think that about the RCI board, you should read the Celebrity board. Talk about uptight.

Pretty much a traditionalist but I guess what is appropriate is whatever is permitted to be worn. Just got back from a cruise on the Grandeur and saw quite a few shorts but did not particularly notice or look for folks wearing jeans. The folks that run the MDR set the standard and if they have no problem with shorts/jeans that should be the end of it.

That is pretty much how it has always been and pretty much how it will always be.........

Not even sure why there is an argument:rolleyes:

The problem is: If RCI were to add jeans to the dress code, it would be a generic reference to jeans. This would then allow the dirty, ripped, holey and faded jeans.

Do people wear dirty,ripped and holey slacks:confused: There sure is alot of generalizations going on here.........

Thanks everyone!! It's nice to know I'm not completely misunderstood! lol:p! I was kidding with the goddess reply, which I thought I denoted with the similes and lol, but guess I should have been more specific!:rolleyes: Anyway, I'm also only 5' tall:) but I do wear capri's - with heeled espadrilles usually, so that I don't look 4'3''!:D

I'm not saying I look amazing (but I'm a woman so I'll always try to!) and so everyone should wear what I do! I'm saying that jeans are completely appropriate, ask and ye shall receive the same answer from RCCL! Shorts are clearly written as not allowed with bathing suits and tank tops so I don't wear them. Everything else is pretty much allowed. My Mom wears elastic waist pants and looks great - I'm 35 and they wouldn't really be appropriate on me - my Grandma wore a lot of bedazzled kitty sweaters, lol!:p Totally fine. But if someone tells me that jeans are only okay for bailing hay, I'm going to tell them I think they are not exactly in this fashion century, that's all! And if possible at all times, I'll do it with a dose of humor. I won't apologize if you don't 'get' my humor but am sorry if you are offended by it as I think you'd be much happier by just allowing yourself to laugh at things that are funny....:D

IMO jeans are now and have always been for washing the car,mowing the lawn ,changing the oil in the car,painting the house etc.

Who would wear a tux to do these jobs?Seems to make as much sense.

Just to let you know where i am coming from ,i own jeans ,a black leather jacket and a tux ,i also wear a earing,and i know when and where to wear each one.

IMO jeans are now and have always been for washing the car,mowing the lawn ,changing the oil in the car,painting the house etc.

Just to let you know where i am coming from ,i own jeans ,a black leather jacket and a tux ,i also wear a earing,and i know when and where to wear each one.

I wash the car in shorts

:cj

The key part of this, and all of the posts on here, are IMO. IN MY OPINION. In my opinion, I would not wear jeans to wash a car, as I hate the feel of wet denim against my skin, but I don't care what you choose to wear. Our opinions on when and where to wear all of these things are just those--OPINIONS.

I don't understand all the talk about what people wear to the dining room....

Once you sit down at the table... you can't see what shoes or pants people are wearing because of the table cloth. Seriously, all you see are people's shirts. Especially if you're sitting at the table with them, you definitely can't see their bottoms.. that is unless you make it a point to drop items so you take a peek under the table :rolleyes:

I'd rather be next to a person in shorts than the old guy in a tux dropping silent bombs throughout dinner...

The question is about non-formal nights. You would wear a tux?

Does this look like an outfit for changing oil?....

http://www.bcbusinessonline.ca/bcb/after-hours/style/2008/10/09/boris-wertz-nexopia

I'd rather be next to a person in shorts than the old guy in a tux dropping silent bombs throughout dinner...

..and on the other hand, I'd rather be next to an old guy in in a tux than a person in shorts dropping silent bombs throughout dinner.....and yes, my statement makes just about as little sense as yours does.:rolleyes:

Personally, I'd rather not sit close to anyone dropping bombs regardless of how they're dressed.

Love the new picture! You look very nice in that top. Since you are sitting down, I have no idea if you are wearing butt-less chaps, running shorts, a long skirt, black pants, jeans or whatever. Hmmm....

Thank you! We were celebrating at Buddha Bar in Atlantic City yesterday! Sooo nice and such great food!:D

Oh, and yes, it's butt-less chaps but you're right, you can't tell when I'm sitting! Lol:p

http://www.bcbusinessonline.ca/bcb/after-hours/style/2008/10/09/boris-wertz-nexopia

Cruzaholic, great find! That picture is perfect for what I see businessmen wearing in NYC or here in NJ. What a sharp look that is for casual night!:):)

Looks like the guy who cuts my lawn. But he doesn't wear a sport coat.:rolleyes:

Brittney doesn't wear underwear, is that the look we should follow? Or George Clooney's day old beard stubble.

Looks like the guy who cuts my lawn. But he doesn't wear a sport coat.:rolleyes:

Brittney doesn't wear underwear, is that the look we should follow?

Wow - he cuts your lawn in dress shoes and a long sleeve button down shirt? I would say that that is the exception for landscapers uniforms, not the norm..

Many people when told they can wear jeans, wear the same ones that they use to mow the lawn. How many look as good and have the fit as the models in the attached photo examples.

What I saw was a nice outfit on a 20 year old anorexic model.

Most real women don't need to look like that to know they look good. Many are classy enough to dress in a way to accentuate the positive, with all kinds of fabric.

Brittney doesn't wear underwear, is that the look we should follow? Or George Clooney's day old beard stubble.

I could find a way to live with this. Hey, I am old not cold:D

This could be the spice the meals need, or the dessert to look forward to :-)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qgv3a26_yFk/RgLLEGN-mqI/AAAAAAAAACQ/9S8i4tVlquM/s400/269_Chippendales%2520High%2520Res.jpg

Archived