Poll: Are jeans or shorts appropriate for casual night in the MDR?

Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. Are jeans or shorts acceptable in the MDR for casual night?

• Jeans are fine, shorts are not.
    • Jeans are not okay, shorts are fine.
    • Jeans and shorts are fine.
    • Neither are okay in MDR!
    • Heck - I'd wear either on Formal Night!!

And it seems to me if you have to ask if a certain type of clothing is appropriate, in the back of your mind you know it probably isn't what the majority of others will be wearing.

Hmmm....well, I would have to ask if dockers would be appropriate in the MDR since I find them too casual - so does that mean they aren't allowed. I also think wearing a suit on casual night should be something I would ask if it is appropriate, as it seems to be overkill. So that shouldn't be allowed either?:p There is fault in that logic....

Are we still talking about this? Really?

On a lighter note there was a story on a network news show about designer sweat clothes.The outfits cost several hundred dollars so I suppose..................................................................................................................................

:cj

On a lighter note there was a story on a network news show about designer sweat clothes.The outfits cost several hundred dollars so I suppose..................................................................................................................................

Wow - hope they are super comfy!! :DWas it Juicy brand?

LOL. Wal-Mart was closed and Jerry Springer wasn't on at the time so.................................................... we have a new poll.;)

Why the wink, the insult stood on its own?

Please, please keep up with the times, Jerry Springer is sooooo old days and tired. Today it's all about Doctor Phil. Yesterday's show was about small people typing big, hidden behind computer monitors . Today's show true class, beauty ,and elegance from within. Now take it from me, you can always find a Wal-mart open 24/7. Haaa, times are changing but some still don't see it.

Next week's show sponsered by Walmart:

Why people defening class find it necessary act as if they were never schooled in it;)

Please, please keep up with the times, Jerry Springer is sooooo old days and tired. Today it's all about Doctor Phil. Yesterday's show was about small people typing big, hidden behind computer monitors . Today's show true class, beauty ,and elegance from within. Now take it from me, you can always find a Wal-mart open 24/7. Haaa, times are changing but some still don't see it.

Why people defening class find it necessary act as if they were never schooled in it;)

Well said, my lady!!:D

Is that the guy that screwed up my 401K? Are you ladies looking at the guy or the clothes? Fast forward to a graying, 50 something with expando flex jeans and beer belly. Not quite the same image.

What in the world is expando flex jeans:confused: Aside from that....no it is not the same image......no matter what he wore... be it slacks, jeans, or shorts LMAO!!!!

Is that the guy that screwed up my 401K? Are you ladies looking at the guy or the clothes? Fast forward to a graying, 50 something with expando flex jeans and beer belly. Not quite the same image.

What clothes, is he wearing clothes:D

No, we look beyond the clothes to those eyes, smiles, his stance:p

I do that with most people I meet. I grew up a a place where people did not have much to wear...bad habit I guess :-)

ladies code: NEVER fast forward a fine looking guy 50 years!

I did omit the no money, lots of class, also no money no class. My post was aimed at those that think because something is expensive it is right. Not always the case. I do know that my post hit home, point made! Glad I'm not of the "If I don't agree I just won't listen" attitude, people miss a lot that way and remain short-sighted!

The appropriateness of jeans in the MDR is definitely one of those issues where all cruise lovers have to agree to disagree if we're to happily coexist aboard the same ships.

Hi EagleRock,

Actually, I don’t think the difference of opinion is as great as some of the posts might suggest.

In the pro-jeans crows, almost 75% of the respondents say that shorts are not appropriate for the MDR meaning that they – much like the anti-jean crowd – favor the enforcement of some sort of dress code. They are just a little more lenient when it comes to jeans.

I did omit the no money, lots of class, also no money no class. My post was aimed at those that think because something is expensive it is right. Not always the case. I do know that my post hit home, point made! Glad I'm not of the "If I don't agree I just won't listen" attitude, people miss a lot that way and remain short-sighted!

Who are you talking to:confused: Or are ya just talkin:confused::D

Nothing!! lol:p They also forgot the other option - no money and all the class....:)

I can only see certain posters posts when other people quote them, so it's kind of fun to only see through the view of others!:D

and they also forgot to mention that class has nothing to with the amount of friends you have listed on your Cruise Critic friends list

Hi EagleRock,

Actually, I don’t think the difference of opinion is as great as some of the posts might suggest.

In the pro-jeans crows, almost 75% of the respondents say that shorts are not appropriate for the MDR meaning that they – much like the anti-jean crowd – favor the enforcement of some sort of dress code. They are just a little more lenient when it comes to jeans.

Crows:confused: LMAO!!!! Some people are against shorts because they say shorts are not allowed;) It has nothing to do with being lenient:rolleyes:

So you are saying that someone who indicates someone lacks class lacks class themselves?

Isn't that what you are doing?

p.s. Now Dr Phil is yesterday.Today it'ss Dr OZ

and they also forgot to mention that class has nothing to with the amount of friends you have listed on your Cruise Critic friends list

They also forgot to mention that class has nothing to do with the color of your toothbrush - which has about as much a correlation as what you posted....:confused:

Archived