Mystery Dinner Theater?

cruisewish

I signed up for this on the Voyager of the Seas in April 2009. I was underwhelmed. So no, I didn't think it was worth it.

From my review ...

When we return I am still battling the effects of the Benadryl and decide to grab lunch and then rest up for the Murder Mystery Dinner, which begins at 7:45pm in the High Notes Nightclub on deck 14. We meet the soon to be victim and the suspects. Then we walk down to deck 11 and have dinner at Portofino. The menu is scaled down, with only two choices, steak and seafood. I had the steak which was very good.

During the dinner we learn who got shot. Each table gets to ask one of the remaining suspects one question. All the people who name the correct suspect are put into a drawing and nine names are drawn. The winners get a prize. I didn’t name the correct suspect. However, for reasons not explained, everyone at our table received a bottle of champagne.

The dinner is limited to people who are 13 and older. The reason is obvious. The dinner takes three hours. One adult got tired of waiting and just left, leaving his wife to enjoy the dinner alone, and confusing the wait staff.

Archived