Can you take down the balcony divider

stipmom

Those things weigh a ton, so "taking them down" is impossible. There are only two cabins on the M Class ships where you can open the dividers and those are the ones between 6146/6148 and 6145/6147. No other divider doors will open

We sailed two summers ago on the Milennium in Alaska. We have a disabled daughter, and we wanted to have adjoining cabins (our son and daughter in one and my husband and me in another). The ship was out of adjoining cabins, so the Celebrity people absolutely guaranteed me that our two Sky Suites could have the balcony divider removed. In fact, they said it would be done before we arrived. Well, it wasn't done, and it took just about an act of Congress, but they did remove the divider. It took a little guy in overalls with a drill to come and do it. It worked well for us, so good luck to you!

On Solstice Class ships, the glass dividers (about 3' wide) are attached to a permanent metal divider with hinges and latched to the outside rail. Your stateroom attendant is needed with an allen wrench type device to unhook it from the rail and then the divider swings on its hinges inside and latches onto the permanent portion of the divider. It's not "removed" per se.

Be careful when getting adjoining staterooms on Sky Deck 10. There are support beams out on the balcony supporting the Resort Deck 12. These beams are attached to every other stateroom fore and aft of the Hump. These support beams will affect your adjoining stateroom partition, either the one on the right or the one on the left.

If this beam comes down on the left side as you walk out onto your balcony, that partition is "V" shaped. It can be unhooked and folded back and latched, but you can't walk thru -- you have to climb over the support beam to get onto the other balcony. In this scenario, the stateroom on your right as you walk out onto your balcony will have a normal partition that can be folded back and you can walk onto the other balcony.

So, if you desire to get adjoining staterooms on Deck 10, you might want to make sure the two staterooms are on the inside of the support beams. If you look at some of the closeup outside photos of Solstice from Deck 12 down to Deck 10, you will see what I am talking about.

:D:D Thank you for the response about the verandas on the Soltise class ships. We are traveling with another couple and this has been an issue for us. Contacted X and they said no only adjoining rooms, but then I was reading about other crusiers and they talked about their verandas so I was confused. So glad to hear that they do open. Happy hour here we come:D:D:D

:D:D Thank you for the response about the verandas on the Soltise class ships. We are traveling with another couple and this has been an issue for us. Contacted X and they said no only adjoining rooms, but then I was reading about other crusiers and they talked about their verandas so I was confused. So glad to hear that they do open. Happy hour here we come:D:D:D

There's another set of balconies on the angle in AQ that you should be aware of. There's a beam coming down between Staterooms 1606 and 1608. That's the only beam that I am aware of in AQ. It has the "V" shaped partition that opens, and you have to climb over the beam. If you want the walk thru partition, book 1610 and 1608 or 1606 and 1604. Same goes for the other side -- 1605 and 1603 and 1601 and 1599 have the walk thru partition. Staterooms 1603 and 1601 have the "V" shaped step over the beam partition.

Archived