alcohol policy on board

megabby

we are going on the IE in Nov- Colourful coasts- and were wondering if you are allowed to take any wine onboard which you have bought ashore. We went on OV 2 last year and there were strict security checks on boarding the ship so it was difficult, but not impossible. Dont want to get in trouble but it would be nice to get a nice bottle to drink without paying the earth on the ship. Can anyone help? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
we are going on the IE in Nov- Colourful coasts- and were wondering if you are allowed to take any wine onboard which you have bought ashore. We went on OV 2 last year and there were strict security checks on boarding the ship so it was difficult, but not impossible. Dont want to get in trouble but it would be nice to get a nice bottle to drink without paying the earth on the ship. Can anyone help? Thanks

hi, going by the feedback ive had you would be paying the same or very slightly more than pub prices for drink, but i dont see any problems taking some aboard. ps can you leave some grouse or whyte & mackay in cabin as we are going on same cruise on 4th dec. lol. have a good one.

No idea what its like on the Escape. But on the Thomson ships its never a problem. You just walk through the archway with your bags and they scan your boarding card... laughing at the unflattering pictures.

hi crinkle, yes very true we done the same on celebration last year, they dont seem to mind at all.:D

I have cruised many times and when we boarded the ship I couldnt see any time( in 0ne week) that they would have spotted the alcohol

It wouldnt worry me but then again the bar prices wouldnt either

The cabins are not really that great that I wouldnot want to sit in them and drink so its your choice but I dont see you having a problem

I have had wee drinkie in a cabin before, while getting changed for the evening... just to keep my levels topped up... joking!

Although other half did keep drinking energy drinks in the cabin, as they were part of our AI in the bars lol

I have had wee drinkie in a cabin before, while getting changed for the evening... just to keep my levels topped up... joking!

Although other half did keep drinking energy drinks in the cabin, as they were part of our AI in the bars lol

I'm with you Crinkle, enjoy an apperitife when getting ready for the evening. So if we buy a Bottle for cabin we will get it on board?? Or do I have to send Mr Crew to a bar to get them???

I'm with you Crinkle, enjoy an apperitife when getting ready for the evening. So if we buy a Bottle for cabin we will get it on board?? Or do I have to send Mr Crew to a bar to get them???

If you've got AI Mrs. Crew Send him to the bar.

Berwyn

Archived