Group babysitting question on NCL Star

azcater

So, my whole plan was to have our son (3 yr old, not #2 trained yet) in the kids club while we are in port snorkeling (we had planned to do this just one time) but now I find out that the kids club is closed on port days and they only have group babysitting (which is great!) But I have some questions:

Regarding group babysitting for a fee (not kids club)

1. Will they take him if he is not 100% potty trained? Are they able to change clothes/underwear?

2. Are we allowed to go off the ship on an excursion while he is there?

Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, or suggestions you may have!

Hello. When you say "not #2 trained," I take that to mean that he wears pull ups for the #2 incidents and uses the bathroom for #1? When you ask about "clothes/underwear," are you referring to pull ups as his underwear? (Don't mean to sound silly, but I'm not sure if you mean pull ups or cloth underwear. I am assuming, I know I shouldn't, that you don't put him in regular underwear and then change it and his pants/shorts when he has a #2 in them.)

To answer both questions, here is a quote from NCL's website regarding children in the Kid's Crew, Free Play, and group babysitting:

We are not able to change diapers or pull-ups, but we leave you with a beeper or handy phone to alert you to do the duty. Beepers and handy phones do not work ashore, so at least one parent will have to stay onboard when their children are in our Youth Program.

So the answer is that no they will not take him if he is not fully trained and because of that you will not be able to go off the ship on an excursion while he is there. They would require you to have a pager and come change him. Unless you have other adults traveling with you who are not planning to leave the ship that day and who would be willing to have the pager and take care of your son's needs while you are gone.

I'm afraid you will have to save the excursion for another time when he is fully trained. Heck, you might even want to use the cruise as an incentive by reminding him that he won't be allowed in the pools until he is fully trained with both #1 and #2. I know other parents have had some success with that "reward" idea.

beachchick

Archived