My rambling picture review-Imagination 9/7-9/11!

skvacay

Great review and pictures! You and your BF are a cute couple.:)

BTW, what kind of camera were you using? Your photos are nice and clear.

Thank you! He is a great guy.

I was really happy with the way my pictures turned out, considering I used a very basic camera that I've actually had for a few years. It is a KODAK EASYSHARE C1013 Digital Camera. Affordable too, about $120!

Thank you so much for this review; loved the pictures. We are sailing on the Imagination 10/26/09; our 9th cruise but first Carnival and I'm so excited to try it out. Cozumel is our favorite port and I'm actually excited that we're arriving later in the day we we will be there in the evening. we've done a land vacation there several years ago and I love it in the evenings there after the bulk of the ships are gone.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review and photos!

I have only cruised iwth Carnival so far because of their great prices, but I'd like to try a RCL next. They look so nice.

Being in Cozumel later was a great thing; it much less crowded at night. I'd love to take a land trip there sometime. Have a great time in October! I hope you like the Imagination.

Thanks so much - you're right - there isn't too much about the Imagination posted. I'm surprising my husband with a New Years Eve cruise for his 50th birthday - which is actually New Years Eve!

What a great gift! He will love it I'm sure. Hmmm New Years is mine and my boyfriend's 3 year anniversary...maybe we will see you on board! ;)

Great review. I liked the pictures the best. I wish all reviews were similar to yours. Why? Cuz you stated what you liked and disliked without such a negative or bashing attitude when explaining what you didn't like.

Thanks!

Thank you for the nice compliment.

I wanted to be honest but didn't see the need to be overly negative when all the postive things outweighed the few downfalls I had! I was on vacation and had a blast; that is all that mattered to me. :rolleyes:

my partner and i are going on the exact same cruise on 11-30-09. very happy to read your review and see pictures of ship. we cant wait. it will be our first cruise!

:)

How exciting! Hope you two have a great trip. You will love cruising I'm sure :D

First of all, I loved our cruise director Karl!! My BF joked that I had a crush on him. He was short but cute! Haha He was also fantastic at his job. Lots of energy but not annoying. He hosted the Love and Marriage show and was so funny. He’s great!

I agree. I think Karl is so underrated as a CD. He is just so full of energy and fun but like you said he never gets annoying or comes across as "fake".

Big thumbs up for Karl.

Is that Paradise Beach?!?! If it is, I miss that place! They got a new toy since I've been there too! I want to be there now!!!!!!!!!!! And great pics you took!

I'm not sure of the name of the beach, but it felt like paradise!

Thanks for the review! We won't be on the Imagination until late next year, but I have a couple questions.

You indicated your cabin was R21 and was under the Pizza area. R21 is on the Riviera deck and has cabins above it and should have port holes according to the deck plans. Were you on the Rivera deck? I'm asking because we have R3 booked which is all the way forward on the Rivera deck (sort of crazy but I want to try it). So I'm just sort of confused. I'm expecting to have cabins above us and portholes?

Also I see you did not get off in Key West until 9am. Was it scheduled to arrive at 7:30am and were you late or couldn't you get off sooner (or didn't want to). We were in Key West for 3 days before our cruise in Feb and we are looking forward to going back. But I was hoping to get off the ship earlier than 9am.

Thanks for any input and for taking the time to post your review! :)

Thanks for the review! We won't be on the Imagination until late next year, but I have a couple questions.

You indicated your cabin was R21 and was under the Pizza area. R21 is on the Riviera deck and has cabins above it and should have port holes according to the deck plans. Were you on the Rivera deck? I'm asking because we have R3 booked which is all the way forward on the Rivera deck (sort of crazy but I want to try it). So I'm just sort of confused. I'm expecting to have cabins above us and portholes?

Also I see you did not get off in Key West until 9am. Was it scheduled to arrive at 7:30am and were you late or couldn't you get off sooner (or didn't want to). We were in Key West for 3 days before our cruise in Feb and we are looking forward to going back. But I was hoping to get off the ship earlier than 9am.

I should have been more clear about the location of our cabin. When I said we were under the pizza area, I meant under it, but yes, WAY down there on the Riviera deck! But the location was under the pizza/deli/serinity deck/slide area. The rooms across the hall from us all had windows but we did not. There will definetly be cabins above you :)

And yes, you can get off the boat in Key West as early as 7:30am I believe. 9am is just when we were finally awake and ready to get off ourselves personally. I wish we had gotten off earlier; like you we love Key West!

Have a great vacation and let me know if you have any other questions

Ok, so my boyfriend just informed me that I have the cabin number all wrong! We were in R14, not 21. I have NO idea where I got that number from. My apologies.

Thanks for great review Skvacay!! I also share the same birthday of September 11th :D:D

I sailed on the Fantasy this past May and she is the sister ship of the Imagination. I just loved the serenity deck and spent alot of time there or the outside section of the Lido right above it. Like you there was one day where we had some loud people,but the other times it was complete silence. Nothing better than just the sound of the ocean and the ship.

I also enjoyed Key West. I really didn't want to visit there, but now I want to head there for a land vacation.

Glad that your friend got her purse back with everything. It would had been a nightmare to get everything back right.

Ok, so my boyfriend just informed me that I have the cabin number all wrong! We were in R14, not 21. I have NO idea where I got that number from. My apologies.

Thank you for the clarification, my next question was going to be didn't you notice the port holes in R21! :) Thank you for answering my other questions as well!

Thanks for your review, it was great. We will be leaving Monday for Cozumel and I have never been. I was already excited but after reading your review I really cant wait now. What do you think of taking a 3 yr old on the catamaran?

You may want to check if there are age restrictions for the catamaran. I know that for a number of Carnival led excursions there are minimum age requirements. I know because we have a 6yr old that limits us from a few of the excursions.

You may want to check if there are age restrictions for the catamaran. I know that for a number of Carnival led excursions there are minimum age requirements. I know because we have a 6yr old that limits us from a few of the excursions.

I looked online on the Fury Catamaran site and it said this about age restrictions:

"The tour is designed for all ages, but parents and guardians are responsible for their children. Due to limited access we do not recommend the tour for wheelchair users. If you have any further questions please contact us for advice."

I personally would probably not bring a 3 year old. He or she would have to stay on the boat during the snorkling, and after the island the boat became a bit of a party atmosphere. It wasn't anything too crazy, but I don't know if you want your child around the music/dancing/drinking.

Thanks for great review Skvacay!! I also share the same birthday of September 11th :D:D

I sailed on the Fantasy this past May and she is the sister ship of the Imagination. I just loved the serenity deck and spent alot of time there or the outside section of the Lido right above it. Like you there was one day where we had some loud people,but the other times it was complete silence. Nothing better than just the sound of the ocean and the ship.

I also enjoyed Key West. I really didn't want to visit there, but now I want to head there for a land vacation.

Glad that your friend got her purse back with everything. It would had been a nightmare to get everything back right.

Happy belated birthday! One thing is for sure, no one will ever forget the 11th!

The ocean definetly rocked me to sleep on the serinity deck, it was so peaceful.

We were so lucky about my friends purse. I don't know what we would have done if she didn't get it back!

I'm glad you enjoyed the review :) I can't wait to try a new ship out soon! Luckily, living in Florida gives me plenty of options that are just a short drive away.

Thanks for your review, it was great. We will be leaving Monday for Cozumel and I have never been. I was already excited but after reading your review I really cant wait now. What do you think of taking a 3 yr old on the catamaran?

Find out what kind of excursion it is. We went on a catamaran excursion on the Disney cruise that would have been fine for a kid - and there were several kids of all ages. They love the boat ride. They sold beer and punch on the way back - but it wasn't included in the price and there weren't any drunk people. But I've been on others where the alcohol was included and folks got wasted. So make sure you choose one w/o alcohol included and you will probably be fine.

SKVACAY,

Thank you for your photo-review! I'll be sailing on the Imagination on 16 November. It was good to see what it "really" looked like (note those PR photos from the Carnival site).

And we'll be sure to look up that Mexican restaurant you ate at. Sounds better'n the tourist traps.

Cheers!

And thanx again for the review.

(not sure if my signature shows up.....)

Archived