Strategy for Monday

FattyGwynn

I'm not looking forward to waking up on Monday to make a booking at 5:00 a.m. (West Coast time) for the Alaska Cruise, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on the best strategy. Is it best to:

1) Call the Castaway Club number?

2) Call the Disney Cruise Line number?

3) Just book it on line?

Thanks.

I will also be up at 5am. Every year I do this. I am also not looking forward to it. But this is what I do....

I have 2 phones, my house phone and my cell phone on hold...why you ask? well in case I get disconnected of course....and I have. Both are put on speaker.....Why you ask????? because

I am also on line trying to get through. :D

The worse part is is that I am a Gold member...and I already have my ressis. But a friend that is in Iraq sent me an e-mail saying that they also want to sail with us to Alaska so I need to get up and book for them.

She cant e-mail me till Sunday night with the date and if not the same as what I already have than I will need to change mine also. And rebook us all together. Bummer....but what are friends for.

You can sometimes get through faster on the CC # so I do both. Be prepared to be on hold as long as 2 hrs. But the earlier the better to get the best rates and also the cabins you want. I can tell you that the prices are higher in the month of July.

Have you seen the new Cabin categories? Have you ever sailed with DCL before?

The wait will be due to many doing the same as I do and with the new categories and pricing. If you wanted a CAT 6 before they were all the same price....know there is cat 6 that is CAT 5A, 5B and 5C...on the same deck most of them but different pricing. If you dont have the deck plan let me know...

Happy calling and good luck:D

It was a total breeze. I logged onto the DCL website before 5 a.m., logged into the Castaway Club (so they had all my information ready and stored) and at the stoke of 5, I was able to make the booking on line immediately. I'm a bit upset at the fact that it seems as if the Gold and Platinum members who were able to book last week got lower rates than what was available today, but the Disney way is to intice and reward, so I guess I can't complain too much.

It was a total breeze. I logged onto the DCL website before 5 a.m., logged into the Castaway Club (so they had all my information ready and stored) and at the stoke of 5, I was able to make the booking on line immediately. I'm a bit upset at the fact that it seems as if the Gold and Platinum members who were able to book last week got lower rates than what was available today, but the Disney way is to intice and reward, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Actually most people are reporting that rates today seemed to be the same as last week. I know my booking was based on the rates I saw from last Monday.

Archived