LaQuinta Inn Hollywood

KY Transplant

Does the LaQuinta in Hollywood offer free shuttles to/from the airport and cruise terminal?

Their website says yes, but some cruisers report that when they arrive there are no shuttles. What would cab fare for two be from the airport to the hotel and from the cruise port to the airport?

Never book a hotel because of a shuttle. A VERY frequent problem with them is there are far too many people who want them and the wait times can be so ridiculously long that many people end up taking taxis anyway.

You would be much better off staying at a hotel on SE17th Street, which is a much better location less than 10 minutes from FLL, just outside the port entrance, and with dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery and liquor stores all right there. Taxis to those hotels from FLL and then into Port Everglades are very inexpensive.

We stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood in December. Bit of a wait from when we called at airport until when they came to pick us up (about 40 min.), but as soon as we got to the hotel to check in we put our names down for the port shuttle. They were very good. We went down early to the lobby - 11 in our party - and they took our group over before the shuttle service was scheduled to start. There was a strip mall not far from the hotel where we walked over to shop (Costco, Old Navy, K-Mart or similar type store, etc.) also a Burger King & a restaurant nearby.

We've stayed there and yes indeed, shuttle is good, comfy, and drops you at any and all ships at a reasonable hour. (They also pick you up at airport......took them 15 minutes to get to us there.....no problem ! ).

Now, for people that wish to arrive at port way ahead of others....perhaps you should either try another place, or hail a cab just for yourself !

But it wouldn't have helped us much......why wait inside terminal waiting hours to board ? Fort Lauderdale is one of the slower boarding ports, so don't be in a big hurry !

• 4 weeks later...
We stayed at LaQuinta Hollywood in December. Bit of a wait from when we called at airport until when they came to pick us up (about 40 min.), but as soon as we got to the hotel to check in we put our names down for the port shuttle. They were very good. We went down early to the lobby - 11 in our party - and they took our group over before the shuttle service was scheduled to start. There was a strip mall not far from the hotel where we walked over to shop (Costco, Old Navy, K-Mart or similar type store, etc.) also a Burger King & a restaurant nearby.

Are there any liquor stores nearby?

We stayed at the LaQuinta 11/08. They had free shuttle to Port Everglades (recommend reserving departure time upon check-in - fills up quick) and free parking, but no shuttle pick up post-cruise. As I recall, cab back to hotel wasn't too bad ($20 - $25).

Hotel met our needs, price was cheap ($70), and breakfast was fine (good waffles).

Are there any liquor stores nearby?

BJ's sells beer, wine, and liquor. I think you do not need to be a member to get into the liquor section, but you do in order to buy beer or wine. You can call and check if you aren't a member. 954-927-8700

Note that you cannot purchase any alcohol on Sunday mornings before noon anywhere in the area.

BJ's sells beer, wine, and liquor. I think you do not need to be a member to get into the liquor section, but you do in order to buy beer or wine. You can call and check if you aren't a member. 954-927-8700

Note that you cannot purchase any alcohol on Sunday mornings before noon anywhere in the area.

Yeah you have to wait til church is OVER to buy booze. :D

We stayed at this hotel in Jan 2009 and they had shuttle service from the airport and to the port. I believe they had 2 time slots and a set number of reservations, so sign up early. Pick up from airport was a little slower than I would have liked but the staff were very friendly and accomodating. They even let us store our luggage in a meeting room when we arrived earlier than check in time. There were a few restaraunts a short walk away (T.G.I.F. and maybe a Dave and Busters??) if I remember correctly. I highly recommend this hotel. I also recommend the Water Taxi. Very inexpensive way to see a lot of Ft. Lauderdale. Hope this helps.

countdown.pl?name=beaker38&date=3-8-2010ℑ=Beach-10&text=&ship=Navigator of the Seas

After looking around I booked the Hyatt Place for $80 senior rate. Their reviews were all positive and they offer the shuttles. Since we're only half a mile from the cruise terminal a taxi shouldn't be expensive if we get frustrated with long wait times.

Archived