grand princess

jonorma

i sailed on the grand this summer to the med with my husband and 2 kids aged 2 and 8 thinking about trying independence of the sea next year.Has anyone sailed on both and which did you like most :)

Sorry I haven't sailed on Independence of the Sea but I am sailing on the Grand in three weeks. If you don't mind me hijacking your thread and asking how was the Grand? Is it in serious need of repair? We won't be spending alot of time on the ship but this is our first Princess cruise and I am just curious about the ship condition. Thanks!

We travelled on the IOS in 2008 with our then 15 and 14 year old boys. The ship was beautiful and BIG, but was OVERFLOWING with kids (summer hols)...so you couldn't get close to the pools. Wouldn't sail on her again for that reason. Did Celebrity this year (Constellation) on a Baltic cruise - not such a glitzy ship...but a far more pleasant (dare I say upmarket) cruise line! We also did Princess in 2007 (our first cruise) on Emerald. Enjoyed her tremendously (new ship at the time) Fab food.

We are booked for Jul 2010 on the Grand, and slightly worried about the condition of the ship!

Hope this helps?

We did the TA FLL to Southampton in April (2009). Had mini suite. The ship is in great shape. Our cabin was immaculate. Yes, oh horrors, there was some rust on the bow of the ship near the anchor:). Seriously, the ship is still beautiful. Have no worries!

I sailed on the Grand Princess December of 07 and Independence's Sister Ship Liberty of the Seas December of 08.

With children I would hands down choose Independence every time. We enjoyed the Grand Princess, there was nothing wrong with the ship, the staff was very nice. But IMO there wasn't enough for children to do and the clientele was MUCH older.

Sorry I haven't sailed on Independence of the Sea but I am sailing on the Grand in three weeks. If you don't mind me hijacking your thread and asking how was the Grand? Is it in serious need of repair? We won't be spending alot of time on the ship but this is our first Princess cruise and I am just curious about the ship condition. Thanks!

The ship is in good condition staff busy varnishing wood etc when we were on board.I am sure you will love the time you spend on board:):)

Hi

When you are on the Grand can you find out if Opus are still on, when do they leave and which ship they are on when they return. Have sailed with them on Emerald and Sea Princess and I think they are good.

Thanks

Archived