No Mexican Riviera Cruises Summer of 2005?

I was looking for an alternative to DCL's West Coast cruise due to the fact that it is twice the price of other cruise lines. I got the brochure and for 2004 they are doing the Mexican Riviera, but not for 2005. I called RCI and he said nothing is scheduled down there. Does anyone know where those ships are going? Are they both going to Alaska? I think my kids would love Alaska, but Hubby doesn't like the idea.

There's a lot of the 2005 schedule that isn't out yet. Caribbean, Alaska and Europe are out and the 3 or 4 day cruises but I'm not finding anything else. I've been looking for Hawaii or Panama Canal to come out but they aren't there yet. In fact, only Carnival has one cruise to Hawaii (reposition from the ship that's sailing Alaska) and NCL, which has to or three ships that do a Honolulu RT cruise. Nothing for Panama for any of the lines is showing up yet.

I would have thought that RCI would have the Vancouver to Hawaii routes up since they already know the beginning and end of the Alaska season. Perhaps they're waiting to see what fuel prices are going to do before deciding on prices? Perhaps they're wanting to see how full the ships are over this summer to figure out how to base prices? Perhaps they're trying to figure out which ships to dry dock instead of reposition? Who knows what the hold up is but it seems as if very few lines have their 2005 summer itenaries out other than caribbean.

Future cruises
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises
Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03
Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Archived