Bridge viewing area on Gem

gogfish

Is there a area to view the bridge on the Gem????

As we both like ships and sailed on the Spirit last november and really enjoyed being able to see what goes on in the bridge.

Or do they do some sort of tour to the bridge which i could surprise the wife with???

Is there a area to view the bridge on the Gem????

As we both like ships and sailed on the Spirit last november and really enjoyed being able to see what goes on in the bridge.

Or do they do some sort of tour to the bridge which i could surprise the wife with???

There is a nice bridge viewing area on the GEM. They only have it open certain hours, so check your Freestyle daily for times. The room is all the way forward on the Port side of the ship behind the bridge.

There is a ship tour offered, you must sign up for it in advance and there is a fee...........unless you are a Platinum latitude member. I'm not sure what areas of the ship are covered in the tour, but it does take several hours.

The Gem bridge viewing room also has a Gem-It Mermaid on display. She has a gold tower full of good luck charms brought to her by past passengers. The mermaid watches over the bridge guys. If you bring the mermaid a charm, the mermaid will be be happy and she will bring you good luck. Present the charm to a senior officer on board. Explain the meaning of your charm and why it is so special to present.

The bridge viewing area is usually closed while entering or leaving a port.

Have a great cruise!

coka

It is also closed after sunset.

Rich

That's probably so the light from the room does not mess up the vision of those active on the bridge.

Oh!

I thought it was to stop me from banging on the glass between us and making funny faces at them after too many 'adult' beverages! :D . . ;) . . :)

Where can i find out about the tours??

As i dont seem to be able to find it on the ncl website

Sign up is on the ship at the reception desk, at least on the GEM. They should have it listed in the Freestyle daily as well, and it will play on the tv in the cabin. They usually do the tours on sea days, and they did sell out on our last cruise........although they started a list to try to get enough people to do a second tour.

I believe they offered 2 types of tours, one included a meal in a specialty restaurant.

Archived