Antigua dropped from my 2010 cruise

ajagent

I just noticed that Antigua has been dropped and St Maarten has replaced it. Does anybody know if this is because of the 6 people arrested or is there another reason?????? I have not been to either but was really looking forward to Antigua!

I was looking forward to Antigua too and it was dropped from my cruise too! I have already been to St. Maarten, but only to Philipsburg. We plan on going to the French side this time!

Well there goes months of research into beaches and excursions...HAHAHA Now I have to spend MORE TIME looking at beautiful beaches and reading up on fantastic ports!!!

I just noticed that Antigua has been dropped and St Maarten has replaced it. Does anybody know if this is because of the 6 people arrested or is there another reason?????? I have not been to either but was really looking forward to Antigua!

More then likely the icing on the cake....

Personally, I think there is enough blame for everyone down there in Antigua! The cabbie...the tourists...the cops...the courts.

However, I think Carnival is the least to blame.....and kudos to them for switching ports! We will never know why they switched but I would like to think it is due to the nonsense the Antiguans are putting the "6" through. And as I said, I am sure there is enough blame for all involved, but really....I am sure the "6" would happily pay a small fine and be done with it. Antigua would be done with the negative publicity as well. Sorry, can't be good for the island in these trying economic times! And as I said already....plenty of blame to go around...for sure!

what itinerary did Antigua get dropped from? We have a 8 day eastern caribbean cruise planned for 2010, but it still lists Antigua as a stop. Should I be concerned that it will be removed from our intinerary as well. That was one of the main reasons we went with that particular cruise.

However, I think Carnival is the least to blame.....and kudos to them for switching ports! We will never know why they switched but I would like to think it is due to the nonsense the Antiguans are putting the "6" through. And as I said, I am sure there is enough blame for all involved, but really....I am sure the "6" would happily pay a small fine and be done with it.

A small fine for beating up the police? it sounds like they're getting a better deal in Antigua than if they tried to pull that stunt here. Plain clothes or not.

I liked Philipsburg...but I can't wait to see the French side! I think we are going to shop a little then hit Orient Beach! Any suggestions on what to see on the French side?

Orient Beach, funniest things we have ever seen on a cruise, my granddaughter has us laughing sooooo hard. A man about 85 was walking up the beach in his birthday suit with only a backpack while she was coming out of the water, and he was no fitness buff.

Orient Beach, funniest things we have ever seen on a cruise, my granddaughter has us laughing sooooo hard. A man about 85 was walking up the beach in his birthday suit with only a backpack while she was coming out of the water, and he was no fitness buff.

Had the same experience on orient beach a couple years back :eek:

Kinda wakes you up! Beautiful beach.

Yup, carnival reps were on the island just this week. Not sure of the exact outcome for the 6 but what a freakin big deal came of this. All 6 are still there!

Well my wife and I would say you're trading beaches for shopping with this island switch. While St Marteen also has great beaches, we felt Antigua had the better or maybe I should say the less developed beach/water. We actually loved both islands but my wife was much more into the shopping part of St Marteen and it was way better than Antigua. Of course, it I had to spend a week on either I'd pick St. Marteen in a heartbeat! As a motter of fact I'm booking the Victory soon and can't say I'm disappointed with the change!

I've been to Antigua twice on land vacations and enjoyed it very much although it was 8 years ago. It was a wonderful place to visit and felt very safe there. Maybe it has changed. There is a wonderful cathedral there to visit and the shops were nice and some great restaurants for lunch. Having been there already it wouldn't bother me if Antigua was left off our itinerary for our 8 day eastern in Jan. and St. Maarten was added. Never been there but have always wanted to.

I liked Philipsburg...but I can't wait to see the French side! I think we are going to shop a little then hit Orient Beach! Any suggestions on what to see on the French side?

Seraphina's bakery across from where the ferry to Anguilla leaves from is a must if you like croissants and baguettes. We like Grand Case as well.

Archived