Splendida 10/12 - Rome shore excursiont

uturpia

Interested in knowing what others think of the Rome excursions.

They seem costly and wondering if others have found to go on your own was not only less expensive but better use of the time allotted.

Also have any done the Tunis shore excursions

I did the Rome on your own MSC excursion which worked out well. They dropped us off in a multi storey car/coach park facility just a few minutes from the back of the Vatican. After attending Mass for a while, we then got the HOHO bus from around the front of the Vatican. However after talking to the crew afterwards, I think we would have managed fine with the train. there are certainly plenty of threads on the Italy Ports Section on this subject from people who have completely done it on their own.

Although I've been to Tunis twice, I stayed on the ship both times as I did not fancy going ashore. People at our table did the shopping excursion and hated the experience as they were constantly hounded by beggars and hawkers. Two elderly ladies did the Carthage one and said they both enjoyed it although found it quite a long day and a bit tiring.

Archived