Price drops and OBC

Cruisin' Yiayia

I've been reading alot about price drops and OBCs, but can't figure out how people find out about price drops. I have installed the program that searches different sites, but nothing has shown up so far.

When the people on these boards talk about having so many $$ in OBCs from price drops, etc., are these drops coming strictly from Carnival, or are there other sites offering lower fares and people are getting them that way?

I booked ES at a great rate about 6 months ago, and then just a couple of weeks ago I paid $10 more per person to move from a 4B (Main Deck) to a 4E (Empress Deck).

We sail in 39 days, and was also wondering at what point price drops start occurring. I check the Carnival site several times a day, but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks for any info you can give.

I don't have the Shark program and the only other way I know of checking for a price drop is to go to Carnival Cruise lines, put in the ship date of sail, where its going and length and what type of room I am looking for price range, is there another way to do this?

I don't have the Shark program and the only other way I know of checking for a price drop is to go to Carnival Cruise lines, put in the ship date of sail, where its going and length and what type of room I am looking for price range, is there another way to do this?

Just to let you know, when CS alerted me to the price changes, I checked on the Carnival website. I never saw the price drops there, the only thing I did see was the automatic upgrade for booking the 8C balcony cabin. I had to call my TA and he was able to get the price drops and the second upgrade. The first upgrade came from our TA. They are the best!

Thanks Dballz for trying to answer my question. I am Platium, a senior, but I still try to get the most reasonal room that I can and I have seen some of the 1A rooms are not all that bad, but when you go on CCL to look at a certain room they don't have any 1A's listed by just looking at the book. You have to call in and talk to a PVP or deal with an outside TA, I have to get a room with some kind of window and a port hole is okay. Is there a site I can go on that shows the 1A, where there are an how much they are either on CCL or any where else?

Beverly

Archived