Transportation from Quebec to Montreal

CAT330

Need help! I have heard that there is a train that can take us to Montreal from cruise port in Quebec. Someone even said there was a 2 for one special for seniors. Please advise where you got this info from. I went to the via rail site and couldn't locate that special. There are 8 of us that need transportation. Do you know of any shuttle service? I was thinking of rental cars but don't know of any close to the cruise ship dock. Any advise would help. Princess isn't offering any shuttle service and I am leaving on Oct 12.:)

I don't know about the rail special. I don't know where your ship is docking but Hertz has one-way rentals from Quebec to Montreal with a pick-up at the hotel COTE DU PALAIS (YQBC13) 44 COTE DU PALAIS, QUEBEC, QU G1R 4H8 CANADA.

Need help! I have heard that there is a train that can take us to Montreal from cruise port in Quebec. Someone even said there was a 2 for one special for seniors. Please advise where you got this info from. I went to the via rail site and couldn't locate that special. There are 8 of us that need transportation. Do you know of any shuttle service? I was thinking of rental cars but don't know of any close to the cruise ship dock. Any advise would help. Princess isn't offering any shuttle service and I am leaving on Oct 12.:)

Via Rail had specials right after their (short) strike ended, but those have finished I believe. It all depends on where you want to go - do you want downtown Montreal, or are you trying to get to the airport? The train is the most comfortable/convenient for downtown, but if you want to get to YUL your best bet is the direct bus with Orleans Express.

I asked about transportation about a month and the wonderful people on this list gave me this information about the Orleans Express that leaves very close to where the cruise will be docked in Quebec:

http://www.orleansexpress.com/Search...&TypeVoyage=AS

There's a combined train/bus station just down the road from the cruise terminal, can be walked or a 3-4 minute taxi ride. There's a direct bus from there to YUL.

I checked the times and there are several departures to bring you to Aéroport Montréal-Trudeau (Make sure to select the airport ticket not just Montreal):

6:30 AM

9:30 AM

12:30 PM

3:30 PM

10:30 PM (I think).

You can book these online before you leave then print you tickets.

Archived