best beach snorkeling in cozumel second trip to Cozumel. looking for the best place w

tritontr21

second trip to Cozumel. looking for the best place with good snorkeling and tables with covers. not too crowded.

Last time i was in Cozumel taxi driver took us to a nice place but cant remember name. It was a small place, small reef near shore. Had 2 small buildings, one for renting gear and the other was the "kitchen". they did not have business cards but gave me a receipt, i kept it for the longest, but of course i cant locate it. the buildings were yellow and it was a "mom and pop" operation.

any advice of a cool place would be great, this is my GF first time. I dont think the park would be good, it looks man made and i want natural structure in the water and small reef/rocks in the water. looking for natural...

we will be leaving Thursday...

We went to the Money Bar. Short taxi ride, bought 2 sodas. no entry fee. Good snorkeling from rocky shore. Made for a cheap day with lots of fish, and a couple of eels. I used rice krispies to bring the fish closer for pix. I don't think I upset the ecological balance by doing this.:rolleyes:

We went to the Money Bar. Short taxi ride, bought 2 sodas. no entry fee. Good snorkeling from rocky shore. Made for a cheap day with lots of fish, and a couple of eels.

The Money Bar / Dzul-Ha would also be our pick to spend some time at the beach snorkeling, relaxing and having a drink or two. The shore is rocky (not good for walking along on the beach) but so is most of the west side shore line. The east side of the island has lots of beautiful sandy beaches to walk around on with several nice places to stop for a cold one, have lunch or just sit back and look out at one really nice view. However the undertows and rip tides can be very strong on the east side so know where you are at if you want to take a swim. Heck why not just do both sides of The Island :eek: . . . . . .

Archived