Internet Access - My own Computer or Ship Provided Computer

IVaSong

By any chance do you know what information they are looking for on this form for NUMBER, PORT & DATE :confused:. I cannot for the life of me find any information on what NUMBER they need, also, is the PORT & DATE the originating port where the cruise originated from or the current port you are visiting :confused:.

Seems the only option is to write to the address on the form in Washington DC for clarification or ?.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about the "number" box - everything the gov't does gets numbered, and this form will too when you show it to someone. The "port" and "date" boxes should be where and when the customs agent signed the form. You then just show this form when you go back into a US port with your articles (no other ports care about a US form).

The consensus is final we will be bringing our laptop along with us. One item that is not clear is internet access at the different ports, can we get free internet access at the different ports or do we need to purchase the offering from HAL.

If I understand it correctly, if your in the vicinity of a hotspot it would seem to me that you should be able to get to the internet. :confused:

The consensus is final we will be bringing our laptop along with us. One item that is not clear is internet access at the different ports, can we get free internet access at the different ports or do we need to purchase the offering from HAL.

If I understand it correctly, if your in the vicinity of a hotspot it would seem to me that you should be able to get to the internet. :confused:

I haven't tried in every port where I've had my laptop, but I was only able to find a free wifi signal from my veranda in one port, and it wasn't a good connection. You may be able to find an unsecured access point somewhere, but I wouldn't count on it.

If you wanted to take your laptop ashore you might find a coffee shop or the like with free wifi, but usually it's pretty easy to find an internet cafe ashore with cheap rates ($5 or $6 per hour) and IMO it's easier to just use the cafe's computers ... and limit your on-board use to minimize cost.

Archived