Snorkling in Cayman

tollfarm

You may wish to go to the Cayman Port of Call boards and ask the question.

However, I would personally not go on a Carnival excursion and instead just take a taxi to Cemetery Beach and snorkel right off shore.

The last time I was there I booked a private sailboat for the day on Sailcayman dot com and had a blast snorkeling without the companionship of my fellow cruise ship visitors:D

You can snorkel at Eden Rock. It's a short stroll, perhaps five minutes south of the tender pier where you arrive on the island. You can bring your own equipment or rent it there. Zydecocruiser has an excellent series of picture on his web page. They are a few years old so the picture of the rental price list is probably out of date.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/eden_rock.htm

We were just there Tuesday on Destiny! We too ALWAYS go to Eden Rock. Can see fish as soon as you get in the water and more fish and bigger the farther out you go. Rent a locker and go for it. Any questions ya have they will help. Notice the shops on the walk there and stop on the way back. ;) Didn't notice rental prices as we take or own....sorry!

Have a GREAT time!

Kat

My dh and I have snorkled several times at Eden Rock - Can't beat the Price- Its Free!!

You have to go pretty far out to see the best coral formations so it also gets very deep!

With that said, we always enjoy it!

My favorite snorkling excursion was with Nativeway.com We did the Reef Rays and Rumpoint tour they did a wonderful Job! We've spent a week in GC and wanted to return to Rumpoint, but also wanted to do some snorkling. I could of lived without feeding the Rays but we ended up doing it again and got some great photos holding a huge Ray! We only had about 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours at Rumpoint It went by too fast! All and all the tour they offer is a great way to spend day in Grand Cayman!

... Rent a locker and go for it...

Thanks for the info. We will be in GC on 10/21/09 and were thinking about doing a snorkel thing on our own. Where are the lockers? Anybody ever try one of the wrecks north of the pier (Cali or Gamma).

I have snorkeled the cali several times ... first time was on a kayak adventure ... now have just gone from shore ... it's pretty interesting ...easy float out ... once you are at the wreck ... you can head further out angled to the right ... couple more reefs worth seeing. it's all "bay" type snorkeling so pretty smooth ... we just left our sandals on the shore (knew what we were doing ahead of time and didnt bring anything of value) ... cheap easy fun

ps: used our own equipment. there is a rental shop near by

I wouldnt book through the cruise line personally. I did that my first 2 cruises...wont do it again. My cruise last week I booked ALL of my excursions on my own and couldnt have been happier. Capt Marvins is who I used to do stingray city and a reef snorkel. Both were a blast and the staff were very friendly.

Archived